Monitor showing artifacts in form of horizontal lines (most times), ideas?

I have been using an overclocked GTX 1070 for the last years and never had any display issues like this one. I first ran some old monitor, then a 4k (which I still use and still works without artifacts). Recently I decided to get a 144Hz, I got the ASUS VG32V. First it worked perfectly, but now when booting it shows about 90% of the time horizontal lines / artifacts at the bottom of the screen (sometimes starts fading away after 5min, sometimes not). I attached an image showing my view (though it's by someone else who posted about this kind of issue). He uses a different monitor but same GPU and claims to have fixed it by lowering the refresh rate. The one I use is the automatic one and there's no other 144Hz available either in Windows Settings or NVIDIA Display Control settings (and I don't buy a 144Hz to use it as 120Hz...). If I restart the monitor a couple of times I am able to get a clean image. I reset the monitor, got the newest drivers for GPU and monitor and disabled the overclocking. My guess would be that the monitor is at fault, though I'm open to other suggestions. And if it's the monitor, how would you try to fix it? (If possible rather fix than RMA)

Thanks already in advance :)

Specs: Ryzen 5 5600X, MSI B550i, MSI GTX 1070, ASUS VG32V, Windows 11 (I know ... but required for my job)

Horizontal Lines.jpg