Looking for a dash camera for business

Asking for a friend who owns a business. I know jack diddly about dash cams, but he has an issue with employee behavior he needs to squash (his company transports nonverbal disabled clients).

He has multiple vehicles in his fleet. He is looking for a set of dash cameras that are also driver monitors:

-Record outside and inside the cabin

-Record speeds, possibly record speeds after a speed threshold is exceeded

-Viewable live from a phone application, including speed

-Switchable between different vehicles within the app

-Wake-up recording when something happens and the vehicle is parked

-Something that preferrably records data offsite, so cameras can't be tampered with

-Something that's maintenanceless and easy to set up, because tech savvy this person is not

Does anyone have any good options? He wants to spend about $100 per unit, but I think that might be unrealistic. Personally I would spend more good money once than less bad money several times, and I plan on having that discussion if my suspicions are correct.

Thanks in advance for whatever you can point me to.

Intel i7 8700k | Asus ROG Strix Z370-I | NVidia RTX 2070 Super Reference | Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600MHz x 32GB | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD | Custom Loop | Corsair RMx 850w Gold | Phanteks Evolv iTX TG (modded) | Acer Predator XB1

21 minutes ago, NickPickerWI said:

Asking for a friend who owns a business. I know jack diddly about dash cams, but he has an issue with employee behavior he needs to squash (his company transports nonverbal disabled clients).

He has multiple vehicles in his fleet. He is looking for a set of dash cameras that are also driver monitors:

-Record outside and inside the cabin

-Record speeds, possibly record speeds after a speed threshold is exceeded

-Viewable live from a phone application, including speed

-Switchable between different vehicles within the app

-Wake-up recording when something happens and the vehicle is parked

-Something that preferrably records data offsite, so cameras can't be tampered with

-Something that's maintenanceless and easy to set up, because tech savvy this person is not

Does anyone have any good options? He wants to spend about $100 per unit, but I think that might be unrealistic. Personally I would spend more good money once than less bad money several times, and I plan on having that discussion if my suspicions are correct.

Thanks in advance for whatever you can point me to.

Sounds like your friend is in need of a managed fleet tracking solution. I'm not familiar with such systems, but a quick Google search yields many reputable and less-reputable looking options. Probably best to do some research, gather a few quotes, and request some live demos to find the option that works for them. Only thing I will say is your friend isn't going to get this for a flat $100 per unit - there will be monthly fees involved, in addition to startup costs.

https://www.trackyourtruck.com/fleet-management-software/

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

57 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Sounds like your friend is in need of a managed fleet tracking solution. I'm not familiar with such systems, but a quick Google search yields many reputable and less-reputable looking options. Probably best to do some research, gather a few quotes, and request some live demos to find the option that works for them. Only thing I will say is your friend isn't going to get this for a flat $100 per unit - there will be monthly fees involved, in addition to startup costs.

https://www.trackyourtruck.com/fleet-management-software/

For perspective, if you can afford me a brief tangent...this is a small business in healthcare. I get why he's looking for what he's looking for. There isn't money available for this, dude can't even pay himself and lives on-site. I've seen the inside baseball, the numbers, and...I'll never work in healthcare, I'll just say that much.

On the other side of the token, I realize the unlikeliness of something existing in his price range and being stupid simple, simply because that's what he can afford and manage himself. I know it doesn't work like that.

The monthly fees I understand and have explained - the communication to an outside system for data collection requires wireless data. He was originally looking at units with WiFi systems, and I explained that the cell phone would need to be in range to speak to it. I also explained to him why he needs offsite storage. Again, tech savvy he is not.

Anyway, I can look into fleet management systems for him (to a point, he will eventually need to take control).

Thanks for the heads-up.

Intel i7 8700k | Asus ROG Strix Z370-I | NVidia RTX 2070 Super Reference | Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600MHz x 32GB | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD | Custom Loop | Corsair RMx 850w Gold | Phanteks Evolv iTX TG (modded) | Acer Predator XB1

11 minutes ago, NickPickerWI said:

For perspective, if you can afford me a brief tangent...this is a small business in healthcare. I get why he's looking for what he's looking for. There isn't money available for this, dude can't even pay himself and lives on-site. I've seen the inside baseball, the numbers, and...I'll never work in healthcare, I'll just say that much.

On the other side of the token, I realize the unlikeliness of something existing in his price range and being stupid simple, simply because that's what he can afford and manage himself. I know it doesn't work like that.

The monthly fees I understand and have explained - the communication to an outside system for data collection requires wireless data. He was originally looking at units with WiFi systems, and I explained that the cell phone would need to be in range to speak to it. I also explained to him why he needs offsite storage. Again, tech savvy he is not.

Anyway, I can look into fleet management systems for him (to a point, he will eventually need to take control).

Thanks for the heads-up.

Oof yeah uh, sorry to hear this. Essentially, if you operate a business that can't (or won't) pay employees a living wage, let alone doesn't even cover its' own operating costs, your business is going to fail eventually, full stop. Hopefully you can convince your friend to either forego an expensive in-vehicle camera + tracking system and just talk to the problem driver(s) OR make your friend realize that their business might go belly up if they don't restructure their cashflows...

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)