recommendations for phones WITHOUT in-display fingerprint sensors?

Go to solution Solved by Noamazia,

okay, idk why this thread got attention in the last few days when i posted it half a year ago....
anyway, i wanted a phone that was just designed outside china like venomail assumed. the assembly it self doesn't matter to me since the company who made the designs probably has some QA procedures that would see if the chinese made any alterations.

in the end i bought the Sony Xperia 5 IV, which was just a bit over what i wanted to spend but was the only phone that checked all the boxes.

i have had it for about 2 months now and its pretty good. i love the upgrade to the battery life, i don't need to wait on apps to load anymore, and the sync with the sony headphones works better, there is no damn bixby button.

but there are negatives: the OS is worse than samsung's, sony headphones still can't conenct to google assistant for some reason, i had trouble with some less popular apps like notify for miband(cause annoying glitches with notifications) and a few other minor details.

even tough it was a bit late, thanks for the recommendation! ill keep it in mind for the next upgrade in 3 years to check viability!

On 6/7/2022 at 2:09 AM, Imbadatnames said:

What’s the issue with a fingerprint scanner?

i don't trust fingerprint scanners to be off, just like how laptops now have physical chutters for cameras.

On 9/12/2022 at 7:49 PM, EllisWilliams said:

The Galaxy A12 has a phisical fingerprint sensor on the side, and a headphone jack

i checked it out and decided not to buy due to lack of other features like water/dust protection.