Camera doesn’t turn on, battery icon

I have some old Pentax ITS DS and it uses 4x AA batteries but when I put new ones in and turn on there is a empty battery icon blinking, any help appreciated

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

39 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Rechargeables or non rechargeables? These old cameras dont do great with weaker rechargeables.

It’s non rechargeables

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Unfortunately this likely needs to be troubleshot by tech support at Pentax.  Given I’m assuming you’re using fresh batteries if it cant detect that they are in there you may have an issue with the connections inside the camera. 

Here is the manual for your camera, the troubleshooting guide doesnt seem to say much beyond replace/reinsert the batteries.

https://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/man-pdf/istds.pdf

The only thing I can see that might be relevant is if you’re not replacing all the batteries at once.  Beyond that you may need to take it to a repair shop or contact Pentax.

6 hours ago, Vilacom said:

Unfortunately this likely needs to be troubleshot by tech support at Pentax.  Given I’m assuming you’re using fresh batteries if it cant detect that they are in there you may have an issue with the connections inside the camera. 

Here is the manual for your camera, the troubleshooting guide doesnt seem to say much beyond replace/reinsert the batteries.

https://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/man-pdf/istds.pdf

The only thing I can see that might be relevant is if you’re not replacing all the batteries at once.  Beyond that you may need to take it to a repair shop or contact Pentax.

it was recently repaired in the battery compartment but I have went on a route to find CR-V3 batteries and try that instead

Reminder⚠️

• 5 weeks later...

If you're still around try using nimh batteries. They tend to work better in the older Pentax double A models. If that fails take an eraser and clean the contacts inside the camera as there can be slight corrosion.

On 7/3/2022 at 1:33 PM, Brian McKee said:

If you're still around try using nimh batteries. They tend to work better in the older Pentax double A models. If that fails take an eraser and clean the contacts inside the camera as there can be slight corrosion.

I actually tried rechargeable NiMH ones without any results, the battery compartment is newly replaced but I will still try cleaning 

Reminder⚠️