New fan for CPU liquid cooler radiator

Matthew Graham

The fan I currently have on my cooler’s radiator has started to make a weird noise, and I was looking to replace it. However, a regular case fan won’t work as it won’t plug into the place on the mother board that says cpu fan. Are there any fans I can buy that will work for this?

Brand and model of your current AIO?

5 minutes ago, Matthew Graham said:

a regular case fan won’t work as it won’t plug into the place on the mother board that says cpu fan.

Why not, what's different?

Nah, get Arctic P12s or P14s according to your rad size, 3 packs are super cheap and they work great

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

On 5/29/2022 at 12:22 PM, --SID-- said:

Brand and model of your current AIO?

Why not, what's different?

The speed of the fan will increase when the cpu warms up to cool it down, but if it is just seen by the computer as a regular case fan it might cause the cpu to heat up

I use a case fan on my CPU cooler, plug it into the CPU_FAN header, & also have two other fans daisy-chained to it & they work just like an CPU fan would. Any PWM fan that can be plugged into the CPU_FAN header will react to temp changes. 

4 hours ago, Matthew Graham said:

The speed of the fan will increase when the cpu warms up to cool it down, but if it is just seen by the computer as a regular case fan it might cause the cpu to heat up

not how it works at all