iMag G5 Wont Power On After Replacing The HDD

i started helping out my local free geek about a week ago. they asked me if i could fix a broken G5 iMac. one of the other ppl there replast the old HDD to but some ver. of linux of it. i did power up to install linux but after it asked to restart it never powerd up again. im a a complet lose on what to do and i would like to get this one working. i did make a short video it if someone whats to see it 

Those things are notorious for bad capacitors. (It was the middle of the capacitor plague, and the G5 ran hot.) The motherboard caps in the video don't look too bad, but the power supply might be. LED 1 is on, so the logic board is getting trickle power from the power supply at a minimum. 

Frankly it's not even worth the time you've already put into it. It won't run Mac OS 9, and the newest it can run (besides the Snow Leopard PPC beta) is OS X 10.5.8 Leopard.

Try holding the SMU button (the one that isn't the logic board power button) for 30 seconds. I forget if the Mac has to be unplugged, but this should reset the system management unit.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Those iMacs are well known for one thing: bad capacitors. I'm shocked at how well the caps on the logic board look in the video. Those are usually the ones that leak first, but the power supply could also have bad caps in it. You could try opening it up and checking them (ONLY IF YOU KNOW HOW TO DO SO SAFELY), or you could just replace the PSU itself. 

That being said, I don't think it would be worth that much effort. Those machines aren't very valuable at all, and I still see them being recycled all the time these days. They were flawed in several ways, and even when running Linux they're just not very powerful at all. A budget smartphone will handily outperform that iMac in every single way, if that helps put it into perspective. 

The only G5 Macs that are really worth anything are the Power Mac G5 models, and even then it's mainly just the highest end models that are worth anything. The lower end models aren't very valuable, and none of the iMac G5s ever gained much value over time. Maybe they will in the future, but not right now. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)