LG G3 screenies show new Optimus UI, QHD res

Artorias

Dat UI... Normally I'm immediately turned off by skinned Android but that looks biriful

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I am so happy to leave behind the era of these garbage 1080p screens.  Such low res, such junk.

;)

Comments at gsmarena are interesting...

"plastic is better! because less heat less radiation"

"Plastic is good. Metal aluminun is bad."

Plastic* is objectively a better material than aluminum or other metals.

Just feeling like a premium device does not mean it is actually good.

*Depends on the plastic used.

It will be interesting to see how QHD affects the battery life. I wouldn't have anything against the resolution race taking a break for a few years after this though, letting batteries get much better before continuing increasing the resolution.

The GUI looks fine I guess. Not sure if I live the move to this flatter GUI but I like the transparency, it's a nice way to show you where all the windows are relative to each other.

I am more interested in the other specs of the phone though. I am hoping for a Snapdragon 805 and a really nice camera with OIS (annoying that barely any manufacturer has this). It would be nice with wireless charging and preferably front facing speakers as well.

It will be interesting to see how QHD affects the battery life. I wouldn't have anything against the resolution race taking a break for a few years after this though, letting batteries get much better before continuing increasing the resolution.

The GUI looks fine I guess. Not sure if I live the move to this flatter GUI but I like the transparency, it's a nice way to show you where all the windows are relative to each other.

I am more interested in the other specs of the phone though. I am hoping for a Snapdragon 805 and a really nice camera with OIS (annoying that barely any manufacturer has this). It would be nice with wireless charging and preferably front facing speakers as well.

What you wrote is really good and all, but I doubt those guys thought any of that... "less radiation" lol... they're just fanboys.

Metal is not about just "premium" feel, can't say how many times my sister dropped her old iPhone. Whereas her S4 lasted for 2 months. It depends on the phone, plastic or metal I don't care.

What you wrote is really good and all, but I doubt those guys thought any of that... "less radiation" lol... they're just fanboys.

Metal is not about just "premium" feel, can't say how many times my sister dropped her old iPhone. Whereas her S4 lasted for 2 months. It depends on the phone, plastic or metal I don't care.

Yeah "less radiation" doesn't make any sense.

A lot of plastic is a lot more durable than metals like aluminum though, and they can be lighter and cheaper to repair as well. I am not saying that the plastic Samsung uses is the best thing ever but there are plastic that is far stronger than aluminum.

Kelvar, carbon-fiber and Zylon are all 3 special types of plastic, and all of them are far stronger than aluminum (they are actually stronger than titanium as well), and lighter as well. Hopefully we will see more exotic types of plastic used in future phones.

Yeah "less radiation" doesn't make any sense.

A lot of plastic is a lot more durable than metals like aluminum though, and they can be lighter and cheaper to repair as well. I am not saying that the plastic Samsung uses is the best thing ever but there are plastic that is far stronger than aluminum.

Kelvar, carbon-fiber and Zylon are all 3 special types of plastic, and all of them are far stronger than aluminum (they are actually stronger than titanium as well), and lighter as well. Hopefully we will see more exotic types of plastic used in future phones.

Yep, and I'm totally fine with that, as long as I have a good phone. 

As a side note, I've had two S3 and one S4, all of them intact, I always take care of my phones, so at least in my case, even if it is a "cheap" plastic they will "survive" me lol

I like how their new UI look. This is a great overall improvement. It's like a mix of Sense UI and iOS. I hope this UI also comes to the LG G2 as I have one.

gsmarena_001.jpg gsmarena_002.jpg gsmarena_003.jpg gsmarena_004.jpg

Source: http://www.gsmarena.com/exclusive_lg_g3_screens_show_new_optimus_ui_qhd_resolution-news-8343.php

my 3 year old htc sensation has a qhd display. this has a wqhd display.

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

It will be interesting to see how QHD affects the battery life. I wouldn't have anything against the resolution race taking a break for a few years after this though,

You've been trolling me saying the opposite for quite a while now, hypocrite.

-------

Current Rig

-------

You've been trolling me saying the opposite for quite a while now, hypocrite.

No I haven't. I've always said that one we get 2560x1440 in <6" we should take a short break in terms of resolution. Of course we should continue to evolve it later (key difference between what I have been arguing with you about) though.