Graphical bug??? I have no idea how to explain this

For over a year now, I have been having fps drops in every game I play. Then a few months ago, I started to get a graphical bug in my screen that I really have no way of explaining this. 

Then after this happened, around the same time I had a blue screen of death with the file name nvlddmkm.sys failing apparently. Fixed it already, pretty easy to fix, but it came back 2 days ago. I'm playing SMITE, and mid to late game, I start to see this graphical bug problem on my second monitor. Then like 5 minutes later, as I alt tab, I get a blue screen of death with the SAME file failing again. Yesterday as well, I'm playing Hearthstone, and every time I go into a game and out of a game, the game goes unresponsive every time. All this corresponds to my GPU. Do I need to change my GPU or is their another fix around this? Any help is appreciated.

Always have Wallpaper Engine Open

I play:

TF2

LOL

Overwatch

SMITE

Paladins

IMG_1155.thumb.jpg.826a1ed7802b28817d9b9e7768495f96.jpg

image.png.d68444b2735fa73878cebfd38840e878.png

That looks like a VRAM error based on my experience with intense artifacting. The result of the two most memorable instances were a slightly overdone OC and bad game engine stability, and the other was an ancient Quadro card that went to live in the great PC in the sky about 2 weeks later after progressively worse artifacting.

There was a third that happened fairly recently that ended up being a driver released that was flying a little too close to the sun

Just now, BiotechBen said:

That looks like a VRAM error based on my experience with intense artifacting. The result of the two most memorable instances were a slightly overdone OC and bad game engine stability, and the other was an ancient Quadro card that went to live in the great PC in the sky about 2 weeks later after progressively worse artifacting.

So what do you think, is this a simple fix with changing a computer spec? Because I have been having fps drops for over a year now and nothing I've tried fixes it.

7 minutes ago, OzZy29 said:

So what do you think, is this a simple fix with changing a computer spec? Because I have been having fps drops for over a year now and nothing I've tried fixes it.

I would say:

-Run a clean install of drivers, most recent first, then a few months back if it doesn't work.

-try running at complete stock or dropping down mem and core speeds a little to see if that helps. 

Based on that error code, it looks like wonky drivers that windows didn't like and were determined to be unstable.

Just now, BiotechBen said:

I would say:

-Run a clean install of drivers, most recent first, then a few months back if it doesn't work.

-try running at complete stock or dropping down mem and core speeds a little to see if that helps. 

Based on that error code, it looks like wonky drivers that windows didn't like and were determined to be unstable.

Well I have already factory reset this computer twice, the one that takes longer btw. And I reinstalled windows 10 and 11 completely. So maybe the memory core speeds are gonna have to be lowered.

1 hour ago, BiotechBen said:

I would say:

1 hour ago, OzZy29 said:

Well I have already factory reset this computer twice, the one that takes longer btw. And I reinstalled windows 10 and 11 completely. So maybe the memory core speeds are gonna have to be lowered.

Nope didn't fix, it just made my fps in game drop frames but still have the problem.

13 hours ago, OzZy29 said:

Nope didn't fix, it just made my fps in game drop frames but still have the problem.

You mentioned that it's been happening for a year, have you changed cables as a troubleshooting step?

Have you tried re-seating it in the PCIE slot?

On 5/28/2022 at 10:38 PM, RMTM said:

Have you tried re-seating it in the PCIE slot?

I did and it didn't work. Nothing changed after doing it.

On 5/28/2022 at 1:23 PM, BiotechBen said:

You mentioned that it's been happening for a year, have you changed cables as a troubleshooting step?

Wdym changing the cables? Like the hdmi cable or the power supply cable?

1 hour ago, OzZy29 said:

Wdym changing the cables? Like the hdmi cable or the power supply cable?

Pretty sure s/he meant HDMI cable, or whatever display cable you are using.

Although if you do have spare PSU cable that comes with the PSU (not other PSU's), may as well.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

2 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Pretty sure s/he meant HDMI cable, or whatever display cable you are using.

Although if you do have spare PSU cable that comes with the PSU (not other PSU's), may as well.

I mean I was using an HDMI cable for most of me using this computer then started using a DisplayPort cable after getting my new monitor.

1 minute ago, OzZy29 said:

I mean I was using an HDMI cable for most of me using this computer then started using a DisplayPort cable after getting my new monitor.

The error started before or after you switch to DP ?

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

14 hours ago, Poinkachu said:

The error started before or after you switch to DP ?

Before I switched to DP, but in reality it was when I got this computer.