Motherboard mod

Hello everyone I wonder if anyone know how I can flash a new mod bios on my motherboard from Lenovo pribuld 

Btw I tried to do it but while installing the PC told me the bio isn't verified 

Thx 😁

6 hours ago, LWM723 said:

You will brick the board.

How?

The BIOS file obviously isn't for the board you have or it would work. Different boards have different chipsets, controllers and so on.
Each component has it's own unique microcode it must have to function correctly, if it has the wrong microcode it never works, hence the "Brick" part of it.

That's why, it's to keep you from bricking it.
Always go back with what the board is supposed to have.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

10 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

The BIOS file obviously isn't for the board you have or it would work. Different boards have different chipsets, controllers and so on.
Each component has it's own unique microcode it must have to function correctly, if it has the wrong microcode it never works, hence the "Brick" part of it.

That's why, it's to keep you from bricking it.
Always go back with what the board is supposed to have.

The thing is i knew that that's why I did make my own mode using a copy of my original bios but still it didn't work

Keep screwing around till you brick the board. Well, it's your loss.

1 hour ago, HannesG said:

The thing is i knew that that's why I did make my own mode using a copy of my original bios but still it didn't work

Chances are the checksum of the file you modded isn't right.
However know this - You could also "Lock" the BIOS chip if the checksum to the file isn't done correctly, that means once it's flashed in you'll never be able to reflash the chip because the file on the chip after it's flashed locks it.

Modding a BIOS is risky, some even refer to it as a dark art and they aren't kidding about it by that term. If you don't know how to mod a BIOS file properly, just don't or you will have a brick on your hands.

You've been warned.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

31 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

Chances are the checksum of the file you modded isn't right.
However know this - You could also "Lock" the BIOS chip if the checksum to the file isn't done correctly, that means once it's flashed in you'll never be able to reflash the chip because the file on the chip after it's flashed locks it.

Modding a BIOS is risky, some even refer to it as a dark art and they aren't kidding about it by that term. If you don't know how to mod a BIOS file properly, just don't or you will have a brick on your hands.

You've been warned.

Lol thx the thing is all I wanna do is to control my fan speed 😂💔 but it's locked in my bios

Just now, HannesG said:

Lol thx the thing is all I wanna do is to control my fan speed 😂💔 but it's locked in my bios

Get a fan controller, you'll be MUCH better off than the way you're wanting to go here.

On 5/27/2022 at 1:51 PM, Beerzerker said:

Get a fan controller, you'll be MUCH better off than the way you're wanting to go here.

True why didn't I think about that🤦🏼‍♂️
But will I be able to have a graf to allow me to change the fan curve depending on the CPU temp?

No, just monitor temps as you run the system under load.
You'll eventually figure out what it needs and be able to deal with it.