First build, please help

Budget (including currency): 2450 but can go to 2500 usd 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming and drawing but editing also

Hi I am currently in the process of making a list for gaming and editing. My list is my pc build and all of my peripherals because I'm going to be new to pc gaming. The list ive assembled is here below

I've already bought the gpu but I still want it to come out that price including the gpu 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4f2XRv

Reasoning 

Cpu: it's a good work horse cpu with 12 cores that would be able to last me a while in consideration of future proof

Mobo: cheapest b660 that I've found that has integrated wifi. If this is changed I need to make sure that i have at least 5×4 pin pwm connectors for my fans with wifi 

Ram: good amount of ram for a cheap price lpx/ low profile for my cpu cooler because im not sure of clearance and want to be sure that it will fit

Storage: 1 tb nvme boot drive and a 4tb seagate for any edits I would make. Solid for the price and my case can always have more 2.5/3.5 drives if needed 

Case: extremely cheap chassis while stile maintaining quality with 2 included fans

Psu: just a run of the mill 850 watt that should me enough for my parts 

Monitor: solid 1440p.144hz display by LG that supports dp 1.4 from my gpu

M&k: standard cheapos that will last me a while until I can stitch to something like a red dragon and a g pro wireless 

Fans are just for the 360 mounting in front with the corsair commander included for the fan Cades. 

My headset Is a reliable steelseries that will last me until I can upgrade to a arctis 9. Worse drivers than the other one at the same price point but has connectivity with steelseries software to boost things like bass etc. Lmk if any of my reasoning is bad or if there's any improvements that could be done. Thank you!

im not a professional here but im pretty sure the display cable u chose is kinda over kill as its rated for 4k144hz or 8k60hz while u got a quad hd monitor at 144hz
id say u can just get a cheeper cable to save some money if u dont plan on upgrading ur monitor
also im pretty sure that cpu cooler isnt gonna work with the LGA1700 unless u have a bracket or smt idrk that as i dont have alot of knowlodge on it so dont take my word for it
but other than those 2 things i wanna point out ur system looks grate had good upgradeability and nothing looks like a bottle neck to anything by a wide margin

again dont take my word for the cooler as irdk much on that area of pc building

I swapped to Ryzen system, better thermal solution, swapped fans to non-RGB (if it doesn't improve performance, why spend extra on it, *insert Bear Grills meme*, the pure wings are high airflow and static pressure, I have 2 in my system and have to put my ear dangerously close to the hub to hear them at all, a strip of RGB lights w/controller is about $20 on amazon and then a SATA to barrel adapter is about $8) 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/L4XKqm

Just now, BiotechBen said:

I swapped to Ryzen system, better thermal solution, swapped fans to non-RGB (if it doesn't improve performance, why spend extra on it, *insert Bear Grills meme*, the pure wings are high airflow and static pressure, I have 2 in my system and have to put my ear dangerously close to the hub to hear them at all, a strip of RGB lights w/controller is about $20 on amazon and then a SATA to barrel adapter is about $8) 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/L4XKqm

i agree i didnt think about the ryzen and non rgb as its just more cost for no performance i mean yea it looks cool but dosnt actully help performance so why spend extra on it lmao

but yes do u agree on the over kill display cable and will the cooler even fit if he goes for the i7 12gen? as its a LGA1700 socket and i did some research and that cooler dosnt work on a LGA1700 socket

16 minutes ago, Sambadtech said:

i agree i didnt think about the ryzen and non rgb as its just more cost for no performance i mean yea it looks cool but dosnt actully help performance so why spend extra on it lmao

but yes do u agree on the over kill display cable and will the cooler even fit if he goes for the i7 12gen? as its a LGA1700 socket and i did some research and that cooler dosnt work on a LGA1700 socket

The display cable is a bit fancy but only by like $2-3, a good DP cable will run you $10-12, most companies will send you adapter hardware for LGA 1700, the assassin is a much bigger cooler than strictly necessary for the thermal performance it gives, it is getting dangerously close to diminishing returns on it's design. If a D15 is able to take thread ripper 32-core systems, it may be slightly overkill, but it's quality overkill like buying a prime titanium PSU from Seasonic vs Focus Gold.

Recommend switching over to AMD for a cheaper solution. You should only need a 750W PSU, as well. I went with 2TB of M.2 NVME SSD storage, because you can add more for your games later, like you said. I also switched most of the peripherals over to Corsair, which will help in controlling the RGB for everything as well. If you're going to get any displayport cable, I'd recommend going with a brand like Anker or Belkin.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BnQXRv

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($279.99 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($169.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($219.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB AORUS MASTER Video Card  (Purchased For $799.99) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2021) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Case Fan: Corsair iCUE SP120 RGB Pro 52 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  ($54.90 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor  ($309.00 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($33.98 @ GameStop) 
Mouse: Corsair NIGHTSWORD RGB Wired Optical Mouse  ($69.98 @ Amazon) 
Headphones: Corsair VOID RGB ELITE 7.1 Channel  Headset  ($54.99 @ Amazon) 
Custom: Thermal Peerless Assassin 120 CPU Air Cooler, 6 Heat Pipes, Dual 120mm TL-C12 PWM Fan,Aluminium Heatsink Cover, AGHP Technology, for AMD AM4/Intel 115X/1200/2066  ($40.38 @ Amazon) 
Custom: Anker 8K@60Hz HDMI Cable, Ultra High Speed 4K@120Hz 48Gbps 6.6 ft Ultra HD HDMI to HDMI Cord, Support Dynamic HDR, eARC, Dolby Atmos, Compatible with PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, Samsung TVs  ($22.99 @ Amazon) 
$2361.15

Edited by GeorgeMKane

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

Just now, BiotechBen said:

The display cable is a bit fancy but only by like $2-3, a good DP cable will run you $10-12, most companies will send you adapter hardware for LGA 1700, the assassin is a much bigger cooler than strictly necessary for the thermal performance it gives, it is getting dangerously close to diminishing returns on it's design. If a D15 is able to take thread ripper 32-core systems, it may be slightly overkill, but it's quality overkill like buying a prime titanium PSU from Seasonic vs Focus Gold.

i see, i didnt know that it would also be over kill as i dont know alot about cooling but i just thought it wasnt supported by the socket so i asume they can just get a bracket for it but thank you for ur thoughts on it