New Build

What is he doing with the system? For every workload I can think of there are things you'd want to change, though it will depend on the actual workload which particular parts will need to be changed. 

27 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

What is he doing with the system? For every workload I can think of there are things you'd want to change, though it will depend on the actual workload which particular parts will need to be changed. 

I think if the PSU and CPU are scaled down this could be a fairly balanced 1440p system.

Current system. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X; MoBo: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master; RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8 GB (BLM2K8G40C18U4B); GPU: RX 6900 XT Gigabyte Aorus Master; case: Fractal Design Meshify-2; Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB NVMe SSD + 2x Samsung 980 1TB NVMe SSD; PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850; Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.

1 minute ago, krakek said:

I think if the PSU and CPU are scaled down this could be a fairly balanced 1440p system.

PSU and motherboard definitely should be changed, same with the storage, RAM, and cooler, though depending on what you're doing it with the system the CPU might make sense, or everything doesn't make sense. For a 1440P system I would personally change everything in this system but the case. 

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

PSU and motherboard definitely should be changed, same with the storage, RAM, and cooler, though depending on what you're doing it with the system the CPU might make sense, or everything doesn't make sense. For a 1440P system I would personally change everything in this system but the case. 

If you are optimising sure. Ie you do not need a good X570 or gen 4 SSD and you may want more cooling capacity.

But with 5600X and a smaller PSU I can see it *make sense*.

That said - if you have a build in mind I would love to see it.

Current system. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X; MoBo: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master; RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8 GB (BLM2K8G40C18U4B); GPU: RX 6900 XT Gigabyte Aorus Master; case: Fractal Design Meshify-2; Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB NVMe SSD + 2x Samsung 980 1TB NVMe SSD; PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850; Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.

4 minutes ago, krakek said:

If you are optimising sure. Ie you do not need a good X570 or gen 4 SSD and you may want more cooling capacity.

But with 5600X and a smaller PSU I can see it *make sense*.

That said - if you have a build in mind I would love to see it.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pvCNzf

Literally half the cost and in games would perform within a couple percent. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2jCNzf

If you're doing something production related, this would make a lot more sense. For just gaming though it's still plenty overkill, and you'd be better off getting the previous system, going up to the 3080, and getting a monitor upgrade with the money left over.

8 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pvCNzf

Literally half the cost and in games would perform within a couple percent. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2jCNzf

If you're doing something production related, this would make a lot more sense. For just gaming though it's still plenty overkill, and you'd be better off getting the previous system, going up to the 3080, and getting a monitor upgrade with the money left over.

PSUs seem a bit overkill but I can see that make sense. I am not sure about 12400F though.

I would also go with a 360mm rad for the 5950X.

7 minutes ago, krakek said:

I would also go with a 360mm rad for the 5950X.

Main reason I didn't was the 4000D doesn't have support for a 360 up top (don't personally like front radiators) and the difference in performance between a 280 and a 360 is pretty minimal (the surface area on those two radiators is pretty similar, only about 10% more on a 360 compared to a 280). If you're trying to cool something that needs all the help it can get like the 12900K(S), then yeah you really should go for a 360 instead, but for a 5950X that realistically won't draw more than 200W, it shouldn't really make a difference. Plus the 280 was cheaper, so might as well save $20-30.