Modem + Router Setup Help

Go to solution Solved by Donut417,
1 hour ago, Magss said:

f anyone had any tips or suggestions/ if it will even work. 

You will need to verify with Cox on what modems they support. The S33 is pretty much the best of the best when it comes to cable modems. Im with Comcast and I have read people getting 1.4 Gbps easily on the fasted Comcast tier. As that modem has a 2.5 Gbps port. 

As far as the router I mean its WiFI 6. I dont have experience with ASUS routers. But one thing I will say. Not sure what speeds your planning on. Not sure if Cox offers faster than Gigabit connections, but multi gigabit is becoming a thing, even on Cable networks. So if you plan on doing faster than 1 Gbps internet, you will need a router with a 2.5 Gbps Ethernet port. 

I am moving to an apartment that only has cox isp when I have only had FiOS. Looking into using a ARRIS - SURFboard S33 32 x 8 DOCSIS 3.1 Multi-Gig Cable Modem with my ASUS - RT-AX86S AX5700 and was not sure if anyone had any tips or suggestions/ if it will even work. 

links to modem and router respectively:

Router

Modem

thanks!

1 hour ago, Magss said:

f anyone had any tips or suggestions/ if it will even work. 

You will need to verify with Cox on what modems they support. The S33 is pretty much the best of the best when it comes to cable modems. Im with Comcast and I have read people getting 1.4 Gbps easily on the fasted Comcast tier. As that modem has a 2.5 Gbps port. 

As far as the router I mean its WiFI 6. I dont have experience with ASUS routers. But one thing I will say. Not sure what speeds your planning on. Not sure if Cox offers faster than Gigabit connections, but multi gigabit is becoming a thing, even on Cable networks. So if you plan on doing faster than 1 Gbps internet, you will need a router with a 2.5 Gbps Ethernet port. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.