Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

5800x3d delidding

Is it possible to delid 5800x3d 

To overcome its high thermals???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Undervolting is preferable. Many users have managed to reduce the operating voltage to between 1.1 and 1.0 volts. 

 

Ryzen CPUs are soldered to the IHS, they already have good thermal transfer by design.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus thread, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Achilles777 said:

Is it possible to delid 5800x3d 

To overcome its high thermals???

Yes it is possible, I've only done up to a 2700X myself though.

 

Direct die cooling (unplated) was around 5c average drop in temps on that particular processor. 

 

The delid risk isn't worth the adventure if there's a mistake made though.

 

______

 

If you want better temps, put a  spot fan on the VRM package area which will help supply air flow near the base of the cpu. This is actually recommended for those that have water coolers or tower air coolers that don't supply face down air flow like stock coolers do.

 

 

Spoiler

I am not ShrimpBrime. ok yes I am.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Guest 5150 said:

Yes it is possible, I've only done up to a 2700X myself though.

 

Direct die cooling (unplated) was around 5c average drop in temps on that particular processor. 

 

The delid risk isn't worth the adventure if there's a mistake made though.

 

______

 

If you want better temps, put a  spot fan on the VRM package area which will help supply air flow near the base of the cpu. This is actually recommended for those that have water coolers or tower air coolers that don't supply face down air flow like stock coolers do.

 

You used liquid metal or normal paste after delidding??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Achilles777 said:

You used liquid metal or normal paste after delidding??

I used normal paste, Antec Formula 7 to be exact.

 

Spoiler

I am not ShrimpBrime. ok yes I am.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Guest 5150 said:

I used normal paste, Antec Formula 7 to be exact.

Thats a mistake 

If you used liquid metal

At least you can get 10 degree drop

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Achilles777 said:

Thats a mistake 

If you used liquid metal

At least you can get 10 degree drop

It's non conductive and much safer..... Just don't feel like dealing with it. 

But mistake? Nah, I don't think so? 

Re-Plated, TEC cooled, paste, not LM -30c idle 4ghz 1.19v 2700x 16 threads.

 

Whatcha think?

Spoiler

image.jpeg.9a0326d608ee45e37abdab550b9c7b5f.jpeg

 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b2fa0ee57c25ae9b6c5e7e10311b3707.png

 

 

Spoiler

I am not ShrimpBrime. ok yes I am.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×