Upgrade from RyzenBIOS Update?

Hey so I just bought a ryzen 7 5700x and I currently have a Ryzen 5 5600x, do I need to update my bios for this before installing the new cpu or can I just replace it and not change anything?

If your PC currently works with a 5600X, it will work with a 5700X. You can check your motherboards CPU support page to confirm.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

If your PC currently works with a 5600X, it will work with a 5700X. You can check your motherboards CPU support page to confirm.

I just checked on my motherboard's support page and I saw this, does this mean I do have to update it? 

Capture.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

1 minute ago, Galxctus said:

I just checked on my motherboard's support page and I saw this, does this mean I do have to update it? 

Capture.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Yeah, you've got to update.

3 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Yeah, you've got to update.

any recommendations on a good video that explains how to do it safely? I've never done it myself before 

1 minute ago, Galxctus said:

any recommendations on a good video that explains how to do it safely? I've never done it myself before 

What motherboard do you have? There are pretty good instructions in the manual usually. 

6 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

What motherboard do you have? There are pretty good instructions in the manual usually. 

I have a Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)

For Asus 

1. Download and extract the proper bios file. I would choose the latest non-beta version, 4204 in your case.
  2. Rename the file using the file "BIOSrenamer.exe" that comes with it.
  3. Move the newly renamed .CAP file to a usb stick
  4. restart and enter BIOS by spamming the delete button just after it restarts.
  5. Go to advanced mode by pressing F7
  6. In the "tool" menu, use the EZ flash option, it will let you find the .cap file on your usb stick
  7. Choose that file and press enter. After that your mouse and keyboard will freeze up while its installing. it will restart itself when done, or at least tell you to restart.
  8. Done. 

You will have to go in and reapply XMP/DOCP, and whatever settings you may have had before

Do not under any circumstance restart manually or cut the power while its installing.

image.png.e2f000e53bdc50b9ef3fe235f773febe.png

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do