GPU issues

TheUnsocialDude

I recently bought a 1060 to go into one of my spare cases however when I turn the PC on the GPU fans spin up for a bit then decide to turn off and I'm unable to get any display output. I'm relatively new to building PCs and my first thought was that it could be a driver issue. Not entirely sure on how to fix that if it is the case nor am I sure on how to diagnose any other things it could be. Any advice/tips would be appreciated as I've been struggling to get this system up and running for a while now.

Edit. Specs are 8gb ddr4, 450w psu, not sure what my cpu is as it's sitting under a aio cooler ATM and also the 1060 as the gpu

is it overheating? do they kick on under load? what model is it? most newer gpu's have zero rpm mode at low temps, yours is older, but might have that feature as well.

Just now, bmx6454 said:

is it overheating? do they kick on under load? what model is it? most newer gpu's have zero rpm mode at low temps, yours is older, but might have that feature as well.

I probably should also mention I don't get any display output from the gpu. I'll edit that Into the post

Almost every single half-decent graphics card since 2014 has a feature called ZeroRPM where card keeps the fans turned off when temperature and loads is below a threshold. If its not overheating, its not broken.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, TheUnsocialDude said:

I probably should also mention I don't get any display output from the gpu. I'll edit that Into the post

do you have another system to try the gpu in? if it doesn't work in another pc, probably dead.

1 minute ago, Levent said:

Almost every single half-decent graphics card since 2014 has a feature called ZeroRPM where card keeps the fans turned off when temperature and loads is below a threshold. If its not overheating, its not broken.

Ok so that's what's causing fans to stop so now I just gotta figure out why it's not displaying anything in the first place

1 minute ago, bmx6454 said:

do you have another system to try the gpu in? if it doesn't work in another pc, probably dead.

I have tried it on multiple boards with the same ram,boot drive and CPU and was still not able to get any form of output from the machine

Ok so that's what's causing fans to stop so now I just gotta figure out why it's not displaying anything in the first place

Try removing the card from the computer and reinserting it.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

7 minutes ago, Levent said:

Try removing the card from the computer and reinserting it.

Popped it out then back in still nothing. Is it possible the HDMI port is fried. If I knew where my dp cable was I would try that but alas

Popped it out then back in still nothing. Is it possible the HDMI port is fried. If I knew where my dp cable was I would try that but alas

Unlikely. Ports alone dont fry.

1 minute ago, Levent said:

Unlikely. Ports alone dont fry.

Ok this aint looking so good for this gpu like

23 minutes ago, TheUnsocialDude said:

I recently bought a 1060 to go into one of my spare cases however when I turn the PC on the GPU fans spin up for a bit then decide to turn off and I'm unable to get any display output. I'm relatively new to building PCs and my first thought was that it could be a driver issue. Not entirely sure on how to fix that if it is the case nor am I sure on how to diagnose any other things it could be. Any advice/tips would be appreciated as I've been struggling to get this system up and running for a while now.

Edit. Specs are 8gb ddr4, 450w psu, not sure what my cpu is as it's sitting under a aio cooler ATM and also the 1060 as the gpu

Is there any chance it's an issue with my bios and should I reinstall/update that to see if it works