NAS connection question

I'm looking at buying and setting up a NAS server for PLEX and other game servers and had a question regarding connections. 

My current internet setup is Sonic internet router with 2 ethernet ports, one going to my desktop and the other connecting to a google wifi system that provides internet throughout the house using multiple hub. 

My question is when setting up the NAS and connecting it via ethernet to one of the google wifi hubs will it be discoverable by my desktop? Or will this connection be considered a different network from my desktop?

I'm looking at purchasing the Synology DS218play for this set up. I've never done this before and any advice would be much appreciated. 

The google wifi has nat, so your desktop won't be able to connect anything behind the google router. Id only plug your google router into the isp device, then have a switch plugged into the google hub with your nas, desktop, and other wired devices.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

The google wifi has nat, so your desktop won't be able to connect anything behind the google router. Id only plug your google router into the isp device, then have a switch plugged into the google hub with your nas, desktop, and other wired devices.

I would HIGLY recommend using this setup as it will make many things easier, network concerned stuff that is.

Also the Possibly built in protection in that google network thing might be beneficial.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Thanks guys, I'll looking into that setup.