Graphics Card

kceasar78

Im building a pc and found a radeon hd 6950 from 2011 for $20 would this work for a couple weeks just until i get my proper graphics card

Probably. That card is old enough where you'd need CSM enabled in order for the board to boot and some boards don't have that enabled by default. Also, $20 for this card is about $20 too much IMO, that card is basically e-waste at this point. 

It should probably work for regular desktop use with Windows 10, though its latest drivers are very old (2015): https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-6000-series/amd-radeon-hd-6950

Windows 11 requires DX 12 support, which the card does not have, and drivers with WDDM 2.0, which it does not have either.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

If your cpu has integrated graphics, then just go with that. if not, then this will work as a video output for a bit

Specs: 11700 | RTX 3060 | 32gb 3200mhz | 1tb 970 + 2TB HDD | Lian Li O11D Mini X Black

I'm 15 and live in the US

35 minutes ago, cat milker said:

If your cpu has integrated graphics, then just go with that. if not, then this will work as a video output for a bit

It's a lot faster than most iGPUs, I had an HD 6570 (way slower, same gen) as my main GPU until 2018, and now it runs the monitors on my dad's work computer with a 1600, but it's still flawless.  It will work on windows 11 with the old driver.  It doesn;t have the Official (TM) Windows (R) Gold Member's Club (C) Ultimate Triple-Futa-XXXL Edition (TM) support (in the same way that anything pre-covfefe lake doesn't), but it works.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.