IS THE RTX 3050 GAINWARD GHOST WORSE THAN 1660 TI ASUS USED FOR 2 YEARS?

SouSkrt

Hey, I'm recently seeing a lot of these Gainward Ghost rtx 3050 being sold in my country ( Algeria ), the price is a little cheaper than the others but I'm a little scared, idk maybe fans are bad or something, honestly if I had the extra money I would go for the bigger companies like asus or aorus but this is my budget.

Should I buy it or not worth it?

ps: I'm about to sold my asus 1660 ti, I've used it for 2 years and half, so I thought changing it for a new gpu without adding a top dollar, I know that the difference between 1660 ti and rtx 3050 isn't that much but it's like switching to something new, the only reason I hesitated is because I've never heard of the brand.

I want your opinions,

Thanx!

1643080861_001-780x470.jpg

Gainward is popular back in the early 2010s. I'm surprise they are still around.

You should not worry about the quality, even the lowest one can probably hold like 3 years.

One thing you should make sure is the after sales, can you reach the distributors easily for warranty or repair.

I suggest getting one from a good local distributor.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Thank you so much, I will make sure of that for sure, so you think I'm good to go? and is the switch from the 1660 ti used 2.5 years to a new 3050 worth it?

1 hour ago, SouSkrt said:

Thank you so much, I will make sure of that for sure, so you think I'm good to go? and is the switch from the 1660 ti used 2.5 years to a new 3050 worth it?

I personally would not upgrade. There are a few videos on youtube comparing a 3050 with a 1660 ti (or sometimes super, which is very slighly slower then the ti). While its obviously newer, the performance difference seems to be betweeen 0 and 5%, so basically not an upgrade at all.

Therefore I would safe some extra money to buy atleast a 3060 or even 3060 ti (I dont know where you are from, but at least in germany, the price difference between an 3050 and 3060 are pretty low and definitivly worth the extra money.

Video examples: 1 , 2