No signal when entering into bios

Ustaad

Monitor shows no signal when i press delete key to bios but boots into windows normally. 

Specs?

Have you double checked that the monitor is set to the correct input?

Due to my inability to think before I type, I frequently edit my posts. Please refresh before responding!

Tag me @drdrewnatic or quote me so I can see your response.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CPU: INTEL CORE I5-12600K GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 2070 OC MB: GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 RAM: 2X8GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB 3200 CL16 BOOT: CRUCIAL P5 PLUS 1TB SSD: SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500GB HDD: SEAGATE 2TB 7200RPM PSU: EVGA G3 650W COOLER: THERMALRIGHT PEERLESS ASSASSIN 120 SE ARGO

01101100 01110100 01110100 01110011 01110100 01101111 01110010 01100101 00101110 01100011 01101111 01101101

I dont know why, but for me, I only get a display output when using displayport while in the bios. HDMI does not work for me.

Laptop or desktop computer?

Some monitors does not support the lower resolution of the bios menu. Luckily they are few and far between. But that could be your problem. If possible use a different output/input between your computer and monitor. And try again.

Bios menu is only shown on one display. If you have any other devices connected to your display outputs it is possible that it is shown there. Even if it is a home theater receiver with no display capabilities. Disconnect all other devices connected to your display outputs, so only your monitor is connected.

Clear cmos may also help. Always worth trying when there are trouble with the bios menu.

Some hardware information can help us narrow it down. Pc details and monitor type. Do you have one or more devices connect to your display outputs?

1 hour ago, drdrewnatic said:

Specs?

Have you double checked that the monitor is set to the correct input?

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X

ASRock B450m Pro-F

G.SKILL F4-3200C16D-16GTZR Trident Z RGB

XFX Radeon RX 570

Acer KA242Y LCD Monitor

Yes, as it boots into windows and auto source is also turned on and when i hit delete on start up there is a black screen, monitor switch to HDMI 2, then to VGA, then back to HDMI 1 and no signal but when I restart, it boots into windows normally with black screen while it boots into windows.

18 minutes ago, Pandur said:

Laptop or desktop computer?

Some monitors does not support the lower resolution of the bios menu. Luckily they are few and far between. But that could be your problem. If possible use a different output/input between your computer and monitor. And try again.

Bios menu is only shown on one display. If you have any other devices connected to your display outputs it is possible that it is shown there. Even if it is a home theater receiver with no display capabilities. Disconnect all other devices connected to your display outputs, so only your monitor is connected.

Clear cmos may also help. Always worth trying when there are trouble with the bios menu.

Some hardware information can help us narrow it down. Pc details and monitor type. Do you have one or more devices connect to your display outputs?

It is a desktop.

I only have this monitor and that only output it is connected to. 

I tried to clear cmos but it didn’t work. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X

ASRock B450m Pro-F

G.SKILL F4-3200C16D-16GTZR Trident Z RGB

XFX Radeon RX 570

Acer KA242Y LCD Monitor

Yes, I have a PS 4 

49 minutes ago, Darknighterror said:

I dont know why, but for me, I only get a display output when using displayport while in the bios. HDMI does not work for me.

I didn’t try display port, I use HDMI. 

Is this a new computer for you, or has it worked previously?

3 hours ago, Pandur said:

Is this a new computer for you, or has it worked previously?

I’m using this from last 2 years. 

Stupid computer. 😉

Have you tried reconnecting the hdmi while at the black bios screen? (hdmi is hotpluggable)

Have you tried your computer with both hdmi input on the monitor? I assume the ps4 works fine. So it is only no signal when in the bios screen?

Try a different hdmi cable. If you have one each to your computer and ps4, just test with the ps4 cable

2 hours ago, Ustaad said:

I’m using this from last 2 years. 

You can try F2 or F12. In the manual of mobo you can search a similar issue in troubleshooting section. If no you can try an upgrade of bios from Windows. Maybe it change something. 

23 hours ago, Pandur said:

Stupid computer. 😉

Have you tried reconnecting the hdmi while at the black bios screen? (hdmi is hotpluggable)

Have you tried your computer with both hdmi input on the monitor? I assume the ps4 works fine. So it is only no signal when in the bios screen?

Try a different hdmi cable. If you have one each to your computer and ps4, just test with the ps4 cable

Yes, I did try both ports and I tried DP cable in every port on graphics card and both HDMIs on monitor

21 hours ago, FUIT1985 said:

You can try F2 or F12. In the manual of mobo you can search a similar issue in troubleshooting section. If no you can try an upgrade of bios from Windows. Maybe it change something. 

Ok I will give it a try.