Budget Build for my friend for under 750 Eu. Some Tips?

The two biggest things I'd change with this system are the CPU and the GPU. 12th gen is really not that much more expensive and it is a lot faster, and The RX 6500XT is a pretty bad GPU, especially on PCIe 3.0 like it would be on the 10105F. 

https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/9QYqH2

This is what I'd build. The 12100F is a lot faster than the 10105F, and the RX 6600 is a much faster GPU. Yes this system doesn't have a case, but look on Craigslist, odds are you'll find someone giving one away. It won't be great, but it should be fine, and for this type of budget, you really should be considering at least some used parts. Used PSUs (given that they're good quality, consult the PSU tier list to make sure) and used RAM is usually pretty good places to save a bit of money.

9 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

The two biggest things I'd change with this system are the CPU and the GPU. 12th gen is really not that much more expensive and it is a lot faster, and The RX 6500XT is a pretty bad GPU, especially on PCIe 3.0 like it would be on the 10105F. 

https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/9QYqH2

This is what I'd build. The 12100F is a lot faster than the 10105F, and the RX 6600 is a much faster GPU. Yes this system doesn't have a case, but look on Craigslist, odds are you'll find someone giving one away. It won't be great, but it should be fine, and for this type of budget, you really should be considering at least some used parts. Used PSUs (given that they're good quality, consult the PSU tier list to make sure) and used RAM is usually pretty good places to save a bit of money.

I'd take a real case and the 10105F.  I don't think 12th gen improvements are gonna matter for a CPU when paired with an RX 6600.  If this were a 3070ti or the likes it'd matter, but a 6600 is still gonna be the final cap for framerate, so going with a slower CPU that still has the 4c8t sku is gonna low for a real case, which is gonna make a big difference in ease of assembly and final presentation and/or perception of value.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

Look at that!  Good case with included fans, and motherboard with onboard wifi.  Don't worry about the 10100F, with a 6600, as I said earlier, the difference between 10th and 12th gen won't really matter.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i3-10100F 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€78.30 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME H410M-A/CSM Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  (€73.44 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (€68.00 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Storage: Crucial P2 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€83.85 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 6600 8 GB Speedster SWFT 210 Video Card  (€356.00 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Case: BitFenix Nova Mesh SE ATX Mid Tower Case  (€39.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Power Supply: BitFenix Formula Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  (€59.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Total: €759.39
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-05-20 21:56 CEST+0200

2 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

I'd take a real case and the 10105F.  I don't think 12th gen improvements are gonna matter for a CPU when paired with an RX 6600.  If this were a 3070ti or the likes it'd matter, but a 6600 is still gonna be the final cap for framerate, so going with a slower CPU that still has the 4c8t sku is gonna low for a real case, which is gonna make a big difference in ease of assembly and final presentation and/or perception of value.

It will depend on the games your playing. If you're playing a lot of Minecraft or Civ, the uplift will be very much appreciated. You can get some fairly decent cases for dirt cheap/free, I do a lot of system part-outs and for a nice case, I'll want $10-20, for a mediocre case I usually just want it out of my house and just give them away to whoever shows up. I get the argument, but at the same time it's a newer socket and the ~25-30% per core performance uplift cannot be ignored

Thanks for the response but i couldn't find a rx 6600 at the same price point as a new 6500xt so around 225 eu

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

It will depend on the games your playing. If you're playing a lot of Minecraft or Civ, the uplift will be very much appreciated. You can get some fairly decent cases for dirt cheap/free, I do a lot of system part-outs and for a nice case, I'll want $10-20, for a mediocre case I usually just want it out of my house and just give them away to whoever shows up. I get the argument, but at the same time it's a newer socket and the ~25-30% per core performance uplift cannot be ignored

But those games already run fast AF anyway.  Almost (keyoword almost, don't get nerdy with me) all CPU bound games are old and run way faster than monitor refresh rates anyway.  The 'cpu-bound games' line of reasoning should really be retired at this point.  I know the cores are faster, but if the GPU is a 6600 it doesn't matter as long as the 10th-gen are fast enough, and they're more than fast enough.  A 6600 would work with haswell for the most part, and be flawless with sky lake.  Using an old case vs a new one will actually benefit the end-state psychological perception of, "what did I just spend my money on?" and believe it or not that kinda c ounts for something.  It also saves a valuable time of calling someone and driving to their house.

11 minutes ago, 1Marfield said:

Thanks for the response but i couldn't find a rx 6600 at the same price point as a new 6500xt so around 225 eu

Look at the part's list I made.  It's all on dutch amazon and the final price was under the 750 you budgeted and it includes a 6600.  The 6600 IS  more expensive, but it's worth the price premium as money can be saved elsewhere in your budget.  The GPU is the single most important part of the tower with a gaming setup.

EDIT:  I realize a couple parts on that list were from a US user that I was doing earlier.  Updated with pretty much the exact same list as @RONOTHAN## but a 10100F and a case.  

TBH if you budgeted 800 you could get the 12100F AND a case, but if it's a tight 750 for whatever reason I'd still get the case and stick with 10th gen.

I'd probably get this. I chose Tweakers instead of PCPP because prices are inaccurate here in NL. The 12100F should be quite a bit faster than the 10105F. The 3050 should also be much better than the 6500 XT. This memory and SSD is cheaper too. I chose the cheapest case that's not trash. If you can spend 35 extra the upgrade to an RX 6600 would be worth it.

https://tweakers.net/gallery/1718248/wenslijst/?wish_id=2949928

image.png.30b4e174a595270c0f24f349b57fb49f.png

12 minutes ago, 1Marfield said:

The 6600 is ~100 eu higher, but it can also be squeezed into this budget if you drop some other components (mainly the RGB), and is quite a bit faster. Depending on the game and the settings used it can be somewhere around 50-80% faster. You really want to be going for one of those if you can.

9 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

But those games already run fast AF anyway.  Almost (keyoword almost, don't get nerdy with me) all CPU bound games are old and run way faster than monitor refresh rates anyway.  The 'cpu-bound games' line of reasoning should really be retired at this point.  I know the cores are faster, but if the GPU is a 6600 it doesn't matter as long as the 10th-gen are fast enough, and they're more than fast enough.  A 6600 would work with haswell for the most part, and be flawless with sky lake.  Using an old case vs a new one will actually benefit the end-state psychological perception of, "what did I just spend my money on?" and believe it or not that kinda c ounts for something.  It also saves a valuable time of calling someone and driving to their house.

I do want to point out that Minecraft 1.18 is super CPU bound and it is to the point where a good amount of my older systems actually struggle to run it, and good luck if you try playing modded. Yeah the 10th gen i3 is probably good enough, but at the same time a) sometimes you want to do other stuff with your system other than game where the extra grunt will help, b) sometimes you don't want to have to close out of all your background stuff so having the extra headroom is nice, and c) you might want to eventually up the GPU to something that will care in a lot of modern titles. 

This is the weird budget where while you can afford to go new, going with at least some used parts (like the case) can get you a lot nicer of a system. If you want a new case, I'd argue you're better off just saving up an extra $50 and getting it after the fact and just doing a cardboard case for a month or two than to sacrifice performance today and get a new case. Granted, I believe that all builds under about $1000 US should have at least looked at the used market for some stuff since it's generally a much better value (maybe not with CPUs and GPUs as much anymore, and I don't personally trust used SSDs/HDDs, but with almost everything else it is), so take that for what you will. 

22 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

This is the weird budget where while you can afford to go new, going with at least some used parts (like the case) can get you a lot nicer of a system. If you want a new case, I'd argue you're better off just saving up an extra $50 and getting it after the fact and just doing a cardboard case for a month or two than to sacrifice performance today and get a new case. Granted, I believe that all builds under about $1000 US should have at least looked at the used market for some stuff since it's generally a much better value (maybe not with CPUs and GPUs as much anymore, and I don't personally trust used SSDs/HDDs, but with almost everything else it is), so take that for what you will. 

Right yeah, TBH I usually would tell some one (if I knew them well enough) that if they were at a point where they absolutely could not spend $1000 on a gaming PC and not have to worry about finances, they probably should not be spending $750 either.  There are so few cases where $750 for a game system is an ok financial decision but $1000 is not.  If you have to scap together  $750 to just barely get one, you probably just shouldn't buy one at all and should instead direct focus on life improvement and wait until things are running more smoothly on that avenue.

I used to advocate for used GPUs, but with the 660 about matching 1080ti performance in most games and using half the power, there aren't really any used GPUs worth buying.  Used PSU, storage, memory... forget about it.  Not worth the potential headache for negligible savings.  A case is the one part where it's totally fine, but the final aesthetic of your PC is 90% case and that matters more than people probably want to admit, as it's visible to the entire room.  Non-retail shipping them is impossible at cost so you have to go meet someone in your area, drastically limiting selection.

46 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Used PSU, storage, memory... forget about it.  Not worth the potential headache for negligible savings.

Honestly, PSU and memory I've yet to have issues with used. If it's a good enough deal I'd go with it. Personally I've never bought a PSU new, just gotten good deals on used, high end ones. Currently have an AX1200i I got for $80 on my test bench, my main rig is running of a SuperNova 1300G2 I got for $75, and my spare rig is running of an Antec 1000W High Current Gamer Titanium rated unit (I forget the exact model, I just know it was very well reviewed) I pulled out of a rig running 980 Ti SLI. If it's a ~$10 difference between new and used, then I wouldn't bother, but you can get some really nice PSUs that should work really well for a decent amount off. Memory I can kinda get, I have seen some weird issues with memory kits before, though somehow all the kits I've seen have issues are ones me or friend has purchased new. If you can see the kit turn on and run something memory intensive like Y Cruncher, odds are it's probably fine. If you're getting it for a good enough price where you could just buy two for the price of one new in the somewhat rare event you find something that does give issues, I'd say it does make sense to get. 

1 hour ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Right yeah, TBH I usually would tell some one (if I knew them well enough) that if they were at a point where they absolutely could not spend $1000 on a gaming PC and not have to worry about finances, they probably should not be spending $750 either.  There are so few cases where $750 for a game system is an ok financial decision but $1000 is not.  If you have to scap together  $750 to just barely get one, you probably just shouldn't buy one at all and should instead direct focus on life improvement and wait until things are running more smoothly on that avenue.

The one exception I'd probably make to that is students, especially middle school/underclassmen high school. You're young enough that you can't realistically get a job (plus most of the time you can work is taken up by classes), so you're doing odd jobs and saving up allowance, birthday, and Christmas money. $750 isn't unrealistic to save up to when you're in that situation (it was how much I saved up for the first computer I ever built when I was in high school), odds are you wouldn't want to save up more, and if you're playing the used market you should be able to that without too much trouble.