Display device not visible in color management

explosivetnt

So.. I wanted to try out setting the display a new downloaded ICC profile, but when I open the color management tab in windows 10, there isn't an option to choose a display device, only different printers and scanners, which seems really odd. The rest of the system works fine and recognizes the graphics card and the display connected through it. When connecting a different display, the problem persists.

Relevant system specs:

processor: i5-10500

motherboard: B460M DS3H V2

graphics card: gtx 550ti

display: SD24D330 connected via HDMI

image.png.a4b6f6867e78c425825c33cbdb4944a7.png

Could this be a problem connected to the graphics card I have, or something completely different?

1 hour ago, explosivetnt said:

So.. I wanted to try out setting the display a new downloaded ICC profile, but when I open the color management tab in windows 10, there isn't an option to choose a display device, only different printers and scanners, which seems really odd. The rest of the system works fine and recognizes the graphics card and the display connected through it. When connecting a different display, the problem persists.

Relevant system specs:

processor: i5-10500

motherboard: B460M DS3H V2

graphics card: gtx 550ti

display: SD24D330 connected vis HDMI

image.png.a4b6f6867e78c425825c33cbdb4944a7.png

Could this be a problem connected to the graphics card I have, or something completely different?

Completely different.  That appears to be for adjusting output color for printers and scanners.  Their color sometimes needs to be adjusted to get wysiwyg results.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

27 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Completely different.  That appears to be for adjusting output color for printers and scanners.  Their color sometimes needs to be adjusted to get wysiwyg results.

I get that, but I just can't seem to be able to find the right place for displays, even though on a different device it was right there. I went through advanced display settings > Display adapter properties > Colour management.

When the display is changed to another one, or just unplugged and plugged back in, the color management display a warning, that the device list has changed, but, when I look through the list again, there is no change.

6 hours ago, explosivetnt said:

I get that, but I just can't seem to be able to find the right place for displays, even though on a different device it was right there. I went through advanced display settings > Display adapter properties > Colour management.

When the display is changed to another one, or just unplugged and plugged back in, the color management display a warning, that the device list has changed, but, when I look through the list again, there is no change.

I personally would look in the monitor’s options proper first.  There may be another one that is less chunky in windows.  I don’t know.  The thing about monitors is they just vary a lot.  That is what recalibration is all about, and that’s commonly an in-monitor thing.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.