Audio enhnance for Android

stefanmz

Hey, is there some sound enhancer app for Android like Dolby Sound, DtsX or like I don't know some Bang and Olufsen or Akg or Meridian or Harman? You know something that is not only about EQ but also processes your sound and magically maje sit sound much better through software.

In my Sony i have dsee ultimate, i leave that on as it makes low quality mp3s sound a little better.

Sony also bundled Dolby Atmos, but I leave that off, because I don't like what it does to music through headphones, but it makes the phone speakers sound 2x as good.

So look into your phone's audio settings and see what is bundled, Samsungs should have AKG.

But while those things are fun, i mostly still like to listen to music as artist intended, not what AI thinks sounds the most pleasing.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

I apologize, but soon you will learn that it's all garbage and shady marketing. There is no such thing. The best sound you can get is the sound you're getting by default, and any "enhancer" is just a distorter of the original audio. They just add effects, which negatively impact how your audio plays back if accuracy is your main goal.

[Main Desktop]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti (FTW3 Ultra)  MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon (X470)  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 CL16 (2x8GB)

COOLER: Arctic LiquidFreezer II 280 STORAGE: G.SKILL Phoenix FTL 240GB SSD, Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, Toshiba 2TB HDD, Seagate 4TB HDD

PSU: EVGA GQ-1000W 80+ Gold  CASE: The MESHMOD v1.0 (Custom Deepcool Matrexx 70 chassis)  MONITOR: AOC 24G2 144Hz (IPS) 

MOUSE: Logitech G502 HERO (wired)  KEYBOARD: Rosewill K81 RGB (Kailh Brown)  HEADPHONES: HiFiMan Ananda, Drop x Sennheiser HD6XX

IEMS: 7Hz Timeless, Tin Audio T2, Blon BL-03, Samsung/AKG Galaxy Buds Pro  STUDIO MONITORS: Mackie MR524, Mackie MRS10  MIC: NEAT Worker Bee  

INTERFACE: Focusrite Scarlett Solo  AMPLIFIER: SMSL SP200 THX AAA-888, XDUOO XD-05 Basic  DAC: SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII (upgraded AK4493 Version)

WHEEL: Logitech G29 + Logitech G Shifter

[Stream Encoder]

CPU: AMD FX-9590  GPU: Sapphire R9 390X (Tri-X OC)  MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth R2.0 (AM3+)  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1866 (2x8GB)

COOLER: EVGA CLC 280 PSU: MSI A750GF 80+ Gold CASE: Phanteks P400A Digital

[Garage]

CAR: 2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX (EM2)  ENGINE: D17A1, planned K20A2 swap  INTAKE: DIY Solutions Short RAM  HEADERS: Motor1 4-2-1 with Cat-Delete

EXHAUST: Yonaka 2.5" Cat-Back with 3.5" tip (YMCB-CIV0105)  COILOVERS: MaXpeedingrods adjustable  RIMS: Core Racing Concept Seven Alloys (15x6.5)

RECEIVER: Kenwood DPX304MBT  SOUND DEADENING: Damplifier Pro Deadening Mats  SOUND DAMPENING: Custom solution, layers of thick insulation

DOOR SPEAKERS: Kenwood KFC-P710PS 6.5" Components  WINDOW LEDGE SPEAKERS: Kenwood KFC-6996PS 6x9" 5-Ways

26 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

In my Sony i have dsee ultimate, i leave that on as it makes low quality mp3s sound a little better.

Sony also bundled Dolby Atmos, but I leave that off, because I don't like what it does to music through headphones, but it makes the phone speakers sound 2x as good.

So look into your phone's audio settings and see what is bundled, Samsungs should have AKG.

But while those things are fun, i mostly still like to listen to music as artist intended, not what AI thinks sounds the most pleasing.

Well my phone's audio settings have Dolby Atmos and EQ band I am listening to Apple Music with Lossless and Dolby Atmos. The problem is for my big headphones that's enough because they are professional studio monitors so with them I like listening like the artist intended with Dolby Atmos as well. But for my earbuds which are Bluetooth despite being 240 bucks my built in audio effects are not enough.  The highs are harsh and the built in EQ is kinda garbage it does not do much. I need some hard AI sound optimization 

1 minute ago, OfficialTechSpace said:

Hell no. I'm sorry, but you will learn soon enough that it's all garbage and shady marketing. There is no such thing. The best sound you can get is the sound you're getting by default, and any "enhancer" is just a distorter of the original audio. They just add effects, which negatively impacts how your audio plays back.

Well I have to disagree with that because I have experienced it on laptop speakers. Without the enhancing they sound like garbage and with it they sound awesome.  Maybe you just don't like it but for anything that is not studio monitors I need it. 

59 minutes ago, stefanmz said:

Well my phone's audio settings have Dolby Atmos and EQ band I am listening to Spple Music with Lossless and Dolby Atmos. The problem is for my bug headphones that's enough because they are professional studio monitors so with them I like listening like the artist intended with Dolby Atmos as well. But for my earbuds which are Bluetooth despite being 240 bucks my built in audio effects are not enough.  The highs are harsh and the built in EQ is kinda garbage it does not do much. I need some hard AI sound optimization 

Gimmick. Artists often have little to no input when it comes to the final mix of their tracks, that's all down to the engineers. Dolby Atmos is a spatial audio DSP, and does nothing to enhance audio. None of the audio effects will help in any way, and if EQ is not enough to fix how they sound, buy a different pair. You can only do so much when it comes to digitally combating the physical tuning of the transducers.

58 minutes ago, stefanmz said:

Well I have to disagree with that because I have experienced it on laptop speakers. Without the enhancing they sound like garbage and with it they sound awesome.  Maybe you just don't like it but for anything that is not studio monitors I need it. 

Unfortunately you are mistaken. Maybe they subjectively sound better to your ears, but objectively speaking it does not help. That's why audiophiles leave all sound "enhancements" off. 

The important thing is that you're hearing the music as YOU intended, because you'll never hear what the engineers did in the studio. It's okay to strive for accuracy if that's the sound you prefer, just don't overshoot your ambitions. It's also extremely rare that an engineer will mix using Atmos or any other "enhancer", so you stray farther from accuracy with everything you enable.

[Main Desktop]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti (FTW3 Ultra)  MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon (X470)  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 CL16 (2x8GB)

COOLER: Arctic LiquidFreezer II 280 STORAGE: G.SKILL Phoenix FTL 240GB SSD, Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, Toshiba 2TB HDD, Seagate 4TB HDD

PSU: EVGA GQ-1000W 80+ Gold  CASE: The MESHMOD v1.0 (Custom Deepcool Matrexx 70 chassis)  MONITOR: AOC 24G2 144Hz (IPS) 

MOUSE: Logitech G502 HERO (wired)  KEYBOARD: Rosewill K81 RGB (Kailh Brown)  HEADPHONES: HiFiMan Ananda, Drop x Sennheiser HD6XX

IEMS: 7Hz Timeless, Tin Audio T2, Blon BL-03, Samsung/AKG Galaxy Buds Pro  STUDIO MONITORS: Mackie MR524, Mackie MRS10  MIC: NEAT Worker Bee  

INTERFACE: Focusrite Scarlett Solo  AMPLIFIER: SMSL SP200 THX AAA-888, XDUOO XD-05 Basic  DAC: SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII (upgraded AK4493 Version)

[Stream Encoder]

CPU: AMD FX-9590  GPU: Sapphire R9 390X (Tri-X OC)  MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth R2.0 (AM3+)  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1866 (2x8GB)

[Garage]

CAR: 2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX (EM2)  ENGINE: D17A1, planned K20A2 swap  INTAKE: DIY Solutions Short RAM  HEADERS: Motor1 4-2-1 with Cat-Delete

EXHAUST: Yonaka 2.5" Cat-Back with 3.5" tip (YMCB-CIV0105)  COILOVERS: MaXpeedingrods adjustable  RIMS: Core Racing Concept Seven Alloys (15x6.5)

RECEIVER: Kenwood DPX304MBT  SOUND DEADENING: Damplifier Pro Deadening Mats  SOUND DAMPENING: Custom solution, layers of thick insulation

DOOR SPEAKERS: Kenwood KFC-P710PS 6.5" Components  WINDOW LEDGE SPEAKERS: Kenwood KFC-6996PS 6x9" 5-Ways

19 minutes ago, OfficialTechSpace said:

It's not something an audiologist can discern, because it's certainly not our ears fault we're refusing to notice any positive impact. People just confuse different sound with "better" sound. There are no studies that link to anything beneficial by having them. They're purely subjective and up to the individual to decide.

"Substantially" is also a grand overstatement to say the least.

With Dolby atmos on the Speakers on my phone sound way louder and clearer, they sound at least 5dB louder.

But for headphones I find the enchanters fun, but that's it. They sound different, maybe more spacious, but often the bass is muddy, so I don't use them there.

I'd like to also add the angle of listening through Mp3 or Youtube, in that case something like DSEE can fill in the gaps torn by audio compression, so it sounds just a tiny bit better, ofcourse it does nothing on FLAC files, Sony even says it themselves.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

*** Thread cleaned ***

Some days I feel like this is kindergarten playground with all the "I'm the expert of paddy cakes" "Oh, paddy-waddy cakes" -level of discussion and arguments.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

With Dolby atmos on the Speakers on my phone sound way louder and clearer, they sound at least 5dB louder.

But for headphones I find the enchanters fun, but that's it. They sound different, maybe more spacious, but often the bass is muddy, so I don't use them there.

That does back up my point, thank you. Different but not better, just as I said. A loudness boost on external phone speakers however, is not enough to conclude whether something is indeed beneficial. It's not a controlled environment, nor is it coming through on a transparent system. On your headphones, the true characteristics of the enhancers were shown.

[Main Desktop]

[Stream Encoder]

[Garage]

@stefanmz, sorry to have to do this. You have couple of opinions here, but since these kids can't play nice today, I have to lock this. You can PM me or report this post if you wish discussion to continue.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv