Lan Connection randomly "disconnects"

Jojokeb

Hello everyone,

I moved into a new Flat and bought a new PC. Problem is that every time the Internet (LAN) connection is stressed, it just randomly disconnects. More stress (Download etc.) = more frequent disconnects. By disconnect, I mean the "Ethernet" category disappears from Task Manager and I don't have any available connections. I've already reinstalled all drivers, tried to un- and reinstall the Network adapter and switched the motherboard to a known working one. I've also changed the Cable and tried a different device, which worked. Other than switching the CPU, I really don't have any ideas left. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Ryzen 7 2700X

ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F

G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DDR4-3200 MHZ

ASUS ROG STRIX Gaming GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Have you taken a long look at the RJ45 on the PC, try comparing it to another, especially the pin resting positions.

You seem to have covered all the bases, and the only time I'd had a similar experience was with a physical socket that was not quite making contact. I ended up making a fresh cable and "under-crimping" one plug slightly. If you've a selection of cat5/6 cables, try selecting one where the pins are a little prouder.

So... I feel kind of Stupid now. I followed your advice and checked out the port on the PC and put the Cable next to another one to compare. Whilst doing that I tried another port on the Router just to be sure. And behold I am downloading Cyberpunk without issues. My theory is I'm not the first person to use this router (provided by my ISP) and LAN 1 is a little loose like you said. 

At least it's fixed. Thanks

7 minutes ago, Jojokeb said:

I feel kind of Stupid now.

Exactly how I felt when I found out what was gimping my project, but don't feel bad, people expect cabling and connection issues to be binary (broken or working), until they come across one that isn't 🙂.