Gigabyte Mobo VGA LED red, whilst using onboard iGPU

DamirB

Hi all,

I've just updated my Gigabyte BIOS (which deleted all my BIOS settings and made it impossible to disable platform power) and I've noticed that the VGA led is burning red despite me being in Windows. It is a headless home server. Is this worrysome? It also needs a few tries to boot up. When pressing the powerbutton it sortof clicks (guessing the PSU) 2 to 3 times before actually booting up.

It also seems idle power consumption has gone up quite a bit. It idles at 67 watts. I've enabled all the settings in the BIOS which would help with power saving, and in Windows I use the balanced power plan with minimum cpu usage at 1%. It also isn't doing anything when consuming that amount of power, core clocks are at 800Mhz and apart from Emby and Parsec there is nothing installed on the thing. Anyone got an idea?

• i5 10400 (Boxed cooler)
  • Gigabyte B560M Aorus Pro
  • 2x WD Red Plus, 4TB WD40EFZX + 1x WD Purple WD82PURX + 2 external WD USB drives
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2E3200C16 (two DIMM's)
  • be quiet silent base 601
  • Corsair RM550x 2018
  • Samsung PM9A1 256GB SSD 
  • Windows 11 Pro

Which BIOS version did you upgrade? If you upgrade to BETA BIOS, it is possible to get some weird problems.

5 minutes ago, BerkayZ87 said:

Which BIOS version did you upgrade? If you upgrade to BETA BIOS, it is possible to get some weird problems.

F9, normal release