I got a z370 gaming plus, i5 8600k, corsair cx430, DDR4 3200 8Gx2 gskill ripjaws v, and random enermax air cooler.

I was going to add a gpu and I was wondering of my selection was good for type of card or if I should go with another card, or brand. right now I am planning on getting the "ASUS ROG Strix NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 V2 OC Edition" for $490 USD.

Also I am going to need storage and I was wondering if the "WD_BLACK 1TB SN750 SE" for $96 USD would be a good ssd for the price or if I should go with a different one. 

Any input would be helpful, please let me know any input you may have on if these two components are any good for the price or if I should go for different components. 

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, Nick-ME said:

I was going to add a gpu and I was wondering of my selection was good for type of card or if I should go with another card, or brand. right now I am planning on getting the "ASUS ROG Strix NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 V2 OC Edition" for $490 USD.

Also I am going to need storage and I was wondering if the "WD_BLACK 1TB SN750 SE" for $96 USD would be a good ssd for the price or if I should go with a different one. 

Any input would be helpful, please let me know any input you may have on if these two components are any good for the price or if I should go for different components. 

Thank you.

Those are old, you can do way better now.  What's your whole budget?

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

the parts in the title I got for free and already have, the gpu and ssd budget for me I think is about $650-$700

7 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Those are old, you can do way better now.  What's your whole budget?

10 minutes ago, Nick-ME said:

the parts in the title I got for free and already have, the gpu and ssd budget for me I think is about $650-$700

What resolution and refresh rate are you playing at?

For GPU, get the MSI Gaming X 6700XT ($510)  Unreal for 1080p, still very good for 1440p.

For SSD, that's a sATA SSD, you'll want an M.2 one.  So long as it is NVMe, the speed doesn;t matter much for gaming.  I think the silicon power a60 is like $75 of 1TB, but if you want a brand name one the M.2 Samsung 980 for $100 is a WAY better deal than that sATA WD Black one.

You'll also need a PSU.  If you already have one, lemme know which, if not get a corsair rm 750 ($100)

4 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

What resolution and refresh rate are you playing at?

For GPU, get the MSI Gaming X 6700XT ($510)  Unreal for 1080p, still very good for 1440p.

For SSD, that's a sATA SSD, you'll want an M.2 one.  So long as it is NVMe, the speed doesn;t matter much for gaming.  I think the silicon power s60 is like $75 of 1TB, ibut if you want a brand name one the M.2 Samsung 980 for $100 is a WAY better deal than that sATA WD Black one.

You'll also need a PSU.  If you already have one, lemme know which, if not get a corsair rm 750 ($100)

my monitor is 1440p 144hz

I also have a cx 430 from corsair

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sY8HW4

^ this is what I already have

also I have a bias towards Nvidia against amd for gpus, is that warrranted or are amd gpus better for the price?

Just now, Nick-ME said:

my monitor is 1440p 144hz

I also have a cx 430 from corsair

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sY8HW4

Ok yeah get all that stuff, including the new power supply.  You'll def want the 6700xt if you wanna play all the new games at higher settings, and it's only $50 mor than that 3060 for it being A LOT faster.  

You'll need a better power supply regardless, but you can probably get $30 or $40 for that corsair one on craigslist of facebook, or keep as a spare, for testing, or give to someone for a lower power gaming or work computer.

GPU:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3RkWGX/msi-radeon-rx-6700-xt-12-gb-gaming-x-video-card-radeon-rx-6700-xt-gaming-x-12g

SSD:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/7tCFf7/silicon-power-a60-1-tb-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-sp001tbp34a60m28

or

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/HmmFf7/sabrent-rocket-q-1-tb-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-sb-rktq-1tb

PSU: (first one is fine, second one is better)

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CVkD4D/corsair-power-supply-cx750m

or

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2BcMnQ/evga-gq-850-w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-210-gq-0850

21 minutes ago, Nick-ME said:

also I have a bias towards Nvidia against amd for gpus, is that warrranted or are amd gpus better for the price?

Not really warranted unless you're buying a 308ti or 3090 for 4k (DLSS).  For 1440p a 6700xt does laps around a 3060 for the price.  AMD's control panel is a lot nivcer to use in it's current state.  I've used both over the years, my boyfriend has a 1070ti and I have a 6600.  If you were spending $1000 for all this stuff I'd tell you to get a 3070ti, but right now for anything less than a 3070ti outside of very specific types of video editing, AMD has the performance at price point completely dominated since their stuff actually sells for MSRP due to lower demand, as nVidia has lots of peopple who just flock to the brand if they don't know any better, inflating prices.

A 6700xt is gonna game better than a 3060 in a very noticeable way.

I think it was only GTA V that the 3060 was ahead

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

5 hours ago, Nick-ME said:

Do other people agree with this?

image.jpeg.fc1e2159d08749835b9608f430512f94.jpeg

10 hours ago, SimplyChunk said:

I think it was only GTA V that the 3060 was ahead

do you think an rx 6750 xt would be a worthy investment? over the rx 6700 xt

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

1 hour ago, Nick-ME said:

I read the 6750xt is only about 7% better than the 6700xt, so Id say go for the one you find a better price. Ive seen the Sapphire 6750xt at MSRP in amazon.

As for the RTX3060 comparison, I agree 6700xt is better, but watch some benchmarks or comparisons in youtube, there are plenty and it will help you decide

Source: recently bought my card and Ive been reading about them.

3 hours ago, Nick-ME said:

No, at 1440 we're talking about a few fps difference, not really noticeable when you can get a 6700xt for as low as $480 now, and 6750 XT starts at $550.  

At 1440p, though, the regular 6700xt definitely worth the $20 premium over the 3060, as they're kinda close at 1080p, but you play at 1440p and as you can see in every bench that's where the real difference comes out, with most games running significantly faster.