Possible to Remove Black Spots From Monitor Screen?

paulyron

Have an old asus monitor that is 24 inch and is 1920 x 1200 resolution.  Didn't use it for over a year and basically put it away in the apartment but the issue is my apartment is not only humid,  im pretty sure i got water on the screen due to me putting certain things near it that gets in contact with water.  So i didn't check that monitor for a long time until one of my other monitor, samsung tv monitor which has the same exact resolution screen as the old asus monitor flickers a lot to where its not possible to use so .  its like a rainbow color flicker line washed out so to speak.  That samsung monitor im pretty certain is done.

So i currently use a 32 inch 4k monitor together with the asus monitor on my dell xps 9550.  The issue with the asus monitor is there are ton of black spots throughout the screen.  it still is useable for me though.  But is there a way to remove these black spots?  There is a very good chance these spots has been there for more than a year etc.  Best way i can describe these spots are like imagine a whole bunch of black ink marks thoughout the asus monitor.  Does anyone know what that is?  Do i need to post picture?  Most likely its water related right?  Again im pretty certain water might have touched the screen because when i stored it, certain things probably touched it that had water in it.  But can these spots be removed?  

So like you said, there is a fair chance there is water in the panel and it may be affecting the sensitive voltages on the LCD panel. If it is water then you will have to bring the monitor into a dry environment and ideally circulate air through the monitor itself to hopefully pull water away from the panel. It could also be pressure from behind the panel itself causing the spots. Depends on the severity and quantity of the spots. 

*Desiccants are good and maybe with a fan it has a chance but don't use hot air like hair dryers. 

I'm sure someone else will offer additional insight into your matter if mine are not helpful.

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

1 hour ago, paulyron said:

ton of black spots throughout the screen

Like there is mould grown in it, insects have died in there, or dead pixels? Is it a "set pattern" or dies it alter/change shape with time?

A photo would help if you can.