Is it ok to daisy chain 2 of my 3x8pin PCIE for a 3070 ti Asus Strix OC ? and 4+8EPS question

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,

On a crappy power supply, daisy chained cables on a demanding graphics card can result in damage, such as melting a cable. But for the HX750, one daisy chained cable won't be a bad thing.

3 minutes ago, Oxamis said:

Do you think the mobo needs the 4+8 EPS or can I only plug 8EPS in the mobo and use a PCIE slot on the PSU for an additional PCIE for my GPU ?

the additional 4 pin EPS connector is for extreme overclocking. For normal users (that is, not using liquid nitrogen), you won't need the additional 4 pin at all.

Hello There !

I am trying to connect my Corsair HX750 PSU to an Asus 3070ti Strix OC GPU. This GPU requires 3x8pin PCIE.

My problem is that the PSU only came with 2 splitted PCIE power cables. I plan on using one cable in a 1 to 1and the other cable in a 1 to 2 daisy chain.

I understood from what I read that this solution will lower the performances of the GPU. Can it also be dangerous for the GPU or the GPU lifespan ?

Can I wire the GPU like this only for a temporary solution ?

I have 4 PCIE/CPU outputs on the Corsair HX750 PSU, I could buy another PCIE cable to plug into my GPU but my mother board has a 4+8EPS/12V.

Do you think the mobo needs the 4+8 EPS or can I only plug 8EPS in the mobo and use a PCIE slot on the PSU for an additional PCIE for my GPU ?

The specs :

CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

Motherboard : ASUS Strix  B550 F Wifi II

RAM : 2x16GB Kingston Fury Renegade

GPU : 1x Asus Strix 3070ti OC edition

Case : Phanteks P500A DRGB

Storage : M2 NVME Samsung 980 Pro 1TB

PSU : Corsair HX750

Cooling : Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 ARGB

Fans : 4x140 mm Phanteks

On a crappy power supply, daisy chained cables on a demanding graphics card can result in damage, such as melting a cable. But for the HX750, one daisy chained cable won't be a bad thing.

3 minutes ago, Oxamis said:

the additional 4 pin EPS connector is for extreme overclocking. For normal users (that is, not using liquid nitrogen), you won't need the additional 4 pin at all.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

You most likely will be fine

I hit 700W on an i5 with a NHD15

Also I'm 14 so please just confirm anything I say with someone more experienced

34 minutes ago, Oxamis said:

Hello There !

I am trying to connect my Corsair HX750 PSU to an Asus 3070ti Strix OC GPU. This GPU requires 3x8pin PCIE.

My problem is that the PSU only came with 2 splitted PCIE power cables. I plan on using one cable in a 1 to 1and the other cable in a 1 to 2 daisy chain.

I understood from what I read that this solution will lower the performances of the GPU. Can it also be dangerous for the GPU or the GPU lifespan ?

Can I wire the GPU like this only for a temporary solution ?

I have 4 PCIE/CPU outputs on the Corsair HX750 PSU, I could buy another PCIE cable to plug into my GPU but my mother board has a 4+8EPS/12V.

The specs :

CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

Motherboard : ASUS Strix  B550 F Wifi II

RAM : 2x16GB Kingston Fury Renegade

GPU : 1x Asus Strix 3070ti OC edition

Case : Phanteks P500A DRGB

Storage : M2 NVME Samsung 980 Pro 1TB

PSU : Corsair HX750

Cooling : Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 ARGB

Fans : 4x140 mm Phanteks

30 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

This.  

A lot of PSUs use 18g or smaller wire and cheap terminals.  These same companies are the ones that spread the FUD about having to use individual cables.  The Corsair cables are 16g with HCS terminals, so you're good.

It's really a shame that Nvidia didn't move to the EPS12V connectors on the Ampere cards like they did with the workstation cards.  If they REALLY wanted to make sure people didn't use pigtails, they should have gone that route.