GRID Autosport (Release Date June 27)

Raudi_

So as i was horribly disappointed with GRID 2 with the handling for drifting, this is looking promising. Grid has always been a game that I have come back to time and time again just for the love of racing games, Yes there is the Racing simulators out on the market (which I have yet to try), But games like GRID and Grand Turismo(PS1-PS2) were super addicting. I could find myself lost in the game for hours and hours just trying to beat my best lap time or trying to beat the score I got on a track Drifting. I hope Codemasters dose better with this game then they did with Dirt Showdown and GRID 2.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

just me or the graphics are lacking, i guess ive been expecting too much after asseto corsair and project cars

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

So excited. I have over 60 hours in Grid 2. Love the game so much 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Really excited for this. It's nice that they are making a game more realistic than Grid1. I never played Grid2 because of it being less realistic. I spent hours on Grid1, especially in drift. So much fun.

Video of me drifting in Grid1 

just me or the graphics are lacking, i guess ive been expecting too much after asseto corsair and project cars

I hope you know that it is Assetto Corsa, not Corsair. If that was supposed to be a pun, then well done sir... well done.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

I hope you know that it is Assetto Corsa, not Corsair. If that was supposed to be a pun, then well done sir... well done.

you_got_me_breaking_bad.gif

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Imo gfx is secondary in racing games. Those have been decent for last 5 years. For me more flare is just away from racing itself. I just hope they can make cars feel better. I don't want another game where you race on ice/ with balloons. GRID2 made me feel like playing those old arcade racers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Imo gfx is secondary in racing games. Those have been decent for last 5 years. For me more flare is just away from racing itself. I just hope they can make cars feel better. I don't want another game where you race on ice/ with balloons. GRID2 made me feel like playing those old arcade racers.

Think about it from a business pov, arcade racers have and always will completely destroy the sales of the simulators, think it because people like having instant satisfaction, a lot of people dont like a big learning curve if given the choice, this is like the difference between three fpses such as cod, bf4 and arma3. Forget bugs in this comparision, the easier something is while still giving you satisfaction, that is what makes people happy and why they buy games, a full on driving simulator will put a lot of people off. I think there should always be a fine line between fun and realism, i dont currently have an opinion on grid 2, got the game, controller broke the same day, it sucks.

Listen if you care.

Think about it from a business pov, arcade racers have and always will completely destroy the sales of the simulators, think it because people like having instant satisfaction, a lot of people dont like a big learning curve if given the choice, this is like the difference between three fpses such as cod, bf4 and arma3. Forget bugs in this comparision, the easier something is while still giving you satisfaction, that is what makes people happy and why they buy games, a full on driving simulator will put a lot of people off. I think there should always be a fine line between fun and realism, i dont currently have an opinion on grid 2, got the game, controller broke the same day, it sucks.

For those who like arcade racing there's always NFS,,, I just hope we could have something in between like Forza and GT are in consoles.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

For those who like arcade racing there's always NFS,,, I just hope we could have something in between like Forza and GT are in consoles.

Forza isnt really a simulator, granturismo is a sort of simulator, in stock config its arcade but if you ramp up the realism then damn that game gets serious, i havent played gt6 yet however so i dunno about that.

Listen if you care.

Forza isnt really a simulator, granturismo is a sort of simulator, in stock config its arcade but if you ramp up the realism then damn that game gets serious, i havent played gt6 yet however so i dunno about that.

In any review I read they are always described as good compromises between realism and arcade feel. I haven't really played either, GT3 was last that I really was into, Forza just fun driving with controller. Dirt3 is so far best compromise on PC that I have played.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Grid 2 turned me off Grid series TBH. Not to looking forward to this.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Can someone recommend me a good racing game?

My build: i5 3570k , Sabertooth Z77, Be quiet Dark Rock 2, Corsair vengeance 16 gb ram, Corsair RM 750, WD Black 1TB , ADATA 256 GB SSD, Asus 660ti DCUII, NZXT H440, Noctua NF-F12 & NF-A14.

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Can someone recommend me a good racing game?

First answer these questions

- Do you have a wheel?

- Do you also like driving without racing?

- How realistic do you like the handling to be?

- Competitive multiplayer?

First answer these questions

- Do you have a wheel?

- Do you also like driving without racing?

- How realistic do you like the handling to be?

- Competitive multiplayer?

1. I do have one, but its very old. 

2. I do yes, sometimes casual (looking for a more casual racer)

3. Doesn't have to be realistic (again, something more casual would be ideal)

4. No thanks!

Thanks for the reply!

My build: i5 3570k , Sabertooth Z77, Be quiet Dark Rock 2, Corsair vengeance 16 gb ram, Corsair RM 750, WD Black 1TB , ADATA 256 GB SSD, Asus 660ti DCUII, NZXT H440, Noctua NF-F12 & NF-A14.

1. I do have one, but its very old. 

2. I do yes, sometimes casual (looking for a more casual racer)

3. Doesn't have to be realistic (again, something more casual would be ideal)

4. No thanks!

Thanks for the reply!

You could take a look at Test Drive Unlimited 2, Dirt2, Dirt3, Grid, NFS series, Burnout Paradise, TrackMania, 

You could take a look at Test Drive Unlimited 2, Dirt2, Dirt3, Grid, NFS series, Burnout Paradise, TrackMania, 

Alright thanks for the quick replies! Definitely going to take a look at these.

Alright thanks for the quick replies! Definitely going to take a look at these.

If you get TDU2 or Grid then hit me up for a drive :)

I saw the BAC mono in the video and jizzed myself.

Wait that's project cars.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I chuckled @ GT being hardcore. My snobby/elitist description of racing sims: If you can play with a controller, it's not a sim. I guess I'm weird.

CPU: i5 2500K (@ stock for now) GPU: Gigabyte GTX650Ti OC MOBO: Intel P67 RAM: 2x4GB Kingston (@1333MHz) PSU: 550w Xilence CASE: Generic :D MONITOR: Dell U2412M (24', 1200p 16:10) MOUSE: Acme something KB: Logitech K260

I chuckled @ GT being hardcore. My snobby/elitist description of racing sims: If you can play with a controller, it's not a sim. I guess I'm weird.

ok a racing game which you cant use a controller in, thats just stupid, it would have to be a very retarded studio to make a racing game not have decent controller support. But trust me, gt gets very hard when you turn everything off

Listen if you care.

ok a racing game which you cant use a controller in, thats just stupid, it would have to be a very retarded studio to make a racing game not have decent controller support. But trust me, gt gets very hard when you turn everything off

I meant it as in having to use a racing wheel to be good at it. And trust me on this one, it's not hard compared to many PC sims.

CPU: i5 2500K (@ stock for now) GPU: Gigabyte GTX650Ti OC MOBO: Intel P67 RAM: 2x4GB Kingston (@1333MHz) PSU: 550w Xilence CASE: Generic :D MONITOR: Dell U2412M (24', 1200p 16:10) MOUSE: Acme something KB: Logitech K260

I meant it as in having to use a racing wheel to be good at it. And trust me on this one, it's not hard compared to many PC sims.

I have played my fair share of pc racing games, you dont need a racing wheel, from my experience in the two months in which we had a logitech wheel before my brother broke it i found that i did better with a controller, i guess that is down to the precision of the analog sticks had i had more time with the wheel then maybe id understand your pov more.

Listen if you care.

I have played my fair share of pc racing games, you dont need a racing wheel, from my experience in the two months in which we had a logitech wheel before my brother broke it i found that i did better with a controller, i guess that is down to the precision of the analog sticks had i had more time with the wheel then maybe id understand your pov more.

Probably. With direct input, some games (Live for Speed, for example) are unplayable. The steering goes all over the place. I think that force feedback is needed for experience to be good.

Probably. With direct input, some games (Live for Speed, for example) are unplayable. The steering goes all over the place. I think that force feedback is needed for experience to be good.

hmm interesting, back when i played live for speed, i think it was 2009 or 2010 with my ps3 controller i was pretty decent and then i discovered steam when ended my liking for the game.

Listen if you care.