wifi network bridge/share to ethernet on other pc real slow, is there a way to do it better?

fasdr

OK, so my wifi router is in another room there is no reasonable way to connect my pc through cable, I have a usb wifi adapret but drivers are old and it does not work with windows 11 (constantly drops the network in like few seconds to minute or two after connecting, sometimes even the adapter itself drops) and I need windows 11 for my 12th gen i7 to work properly with that performance cores/power saving cores bull.... tried a million things for the adapter - nothing...... Been hitting my head in the wall for 2 weeks now....

So I got the idea to connect my laptop and the pc and share wifi from the laptop, tried bridging and sharing and both work but stupidly slow, like 240p youtube barely works slow (speedtest says 2.67 Mbps download and it should be more like 90-100, upload is fine.... and I'm all out of ideas....

On 5/12/2022 at 12:06 PM, fasdr said:

and I'm all out of ideas....

And you can't get a better wireless adapter that is compatible with Windows 11? Preferably a PCIe form factor with antenna extension?

On 5/12/2022 at 1:06 PM, fasdr said:

and I'm all out of ideas....

Well you could do as @Falcon1986has suggested. As that will probably work pretty ok. The second option is to try power line adapters, but those are very hit or miss if they work and speeds might not be that great. The third option is Moca, but this requires Coax to be ran to your room and to where the router is located. In many American homes this is already done but depending on where you live and how old your home is, that might not be the case. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

ok, update suddenly it kinda worked (max speed) BUT from time to time 1 or 2 times a day, when I dont use the internet for like 30 minutes+ more like an hour+ it drops the connection and when I use the troubleshooter it resets the adapter with the problem being "default dns not available" and it fixes it but it's annoying, the same thing happens when I turn the computer off (the dns troubleshooter thing) I'm on a DHCP network and automatic acquisition of all the needed things is on, same thing happens if I try to input the things from the router when the conection works, dns is 192.168.0.1 tho..... maybe that's the problem cause it doesent see a real dns? Also about the antenna/adapter  why should I get a new one when I have a perfectly usable usb3 700 megabit one it's just the stupid drivers it's so friggin annoying..... also win 11 is so new that how would I be certain the new adapter/antenna drivers work even IF I get a new one..... MAYBE I can get the adapter from the laptop, but it has 2 small cables (I assume the antennas and dont see where they are going cause they go on the other side of the laptop motherboard and I need to remove everything to remove the board and see) will that work? I have no experience whit these kinds of things AT ALL, also I see there is a dedicated wifi+bluetooth sloth in the pc motherboard and it would be actually nice to swap the adapter from the laptop cause I dont use the laptop anymore and bluetooth ontop of wifi for the pc would be nice and MAAAAYBE work..... Motherboard is ASRock H610M-HDV/M.2

On 5/16/2022 at 8:08 PM, fasdr said:

also I see there is a dedicated wifi+bluetooth sloth in the pc motherboard and it would be actually nice to swap the adapter from the laptop cause I dont use the laptop anymore and bluetooth ontop of wifi for the pc would be nice and MAAAAYBE work..... Motherboard is ASRock H610M-HDV/M.2

Its generally not worth it as you'd still have to buy the antenna connectors and antennas, better to get something like an Intel AX200 or AX210 based PCIe card instead.

Also, the manual makes no mention of the slot at all and the FAQ only mentions CNVIo cards.  So there's a good chance your laptop card wont work at all unless its CNVIo rather than PCIe.

You could get an M.2 to PCIe WiFi converter card but I still don't think its worth the cost to use an old WiFi card when a newer one might perform better.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7