Velka 7 AIO recommendations

I have a SFF PC for the CPU (I do parallel simulations that need cores over speed) and casual gaming. With upcoming travels though I need to downsize.

Current Build (modded ~12L Metalfish S4 case; pic below)

3950X, Scythe Fuma 2, ASRock B550 ITX, Corsair SFX SF600, and EVGA GTX 1060 6gb (173mm length).

I'd like to switch to a Velkase Velka 7 + AIO, where I have the AIO rad adjacent to the GPU (kinda like here, though they somehow managed a 120mm AIO)

Case length 289mm - 173mm GPU = <115mm space for an AIO rad

Anyone have wisdom on what particular AIO could work well? The issues are (1) tube length, and (2) performance.

(I realize thermals will be far from great, but I'm constrained to a <8L form factor)

Thank you!!

2022-05-08 19.55.04.jpg

Theres a third one as well: radiator thickness.  That thing is so small that you risk the radiator with fans attached bumping into the case door (I’m not sure if the pic is of the planned case or not.  If it is the problem would be the pump bloc)

Assuming the pic IS of the planned case:

Tempted to do a 120mm instead of a 240mm simply so that it will miss the pumpbloc.  Basically any AIO is going to have more hose than you need.  The issue is going to be either wadding the hose into the space or shortening the hoses.  Most hoses on AIOs won’t shorten.  They’re often more or less flexible sleeves inside tubular guards.  120mm AIO rads are generally longer than 120mm, but there seems to be some room.  There needs to be measurements I think.  This is gonna be tight.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 5/8/2022 at 9:44 PM, Bombastinator said:

Theres a third one as well: radiator thickness.  That thing is so small that you risk the radiator with fans attached bumping into the case door (I’m not sure if the pic is of the planned case or not.  If it is the problem would be the pump bloc)

Assuming the pic IS of the planned case:

Tempted to do a 120mm instead of a 240mm simply so that it will miss the pumpbloc.  Basically any AIO is going to have more hose than you need.  The issue is going to be either wadding the hose into the space or shortening the hoses.  Most hoses on AIOs won’t shorten.  They’re often more or less flexible sleeves inside tubular guards.  120mm AIO rads are generally longer than 120mm, but there seems to be some room.  There needs to be measurements I think.  This is gonna be tight.

So I’m halfway through the build of my Velka 7 (loving it!), and found the 645lt might *just* fit height-wise. I set things up so the Psu intake will be right below it in this bay and help move the air. 

in this situation, I’m wondering: should the aio cooler fan be

(a) on top the aio rad (ie case wall - fan - rad - psu) or

(b) on the bottom (ie case wall - rad - fan - psu)?

I assumed (a) is better since the aio psu fans could work as a push-pull config, but then again I don’t know that the psu fan runs all that often… I ask because the way things worked out, I could get a 120mm aio instead of the 92mm if the aio fan next to the psu (option b) works well.

(that said, not sure Asetek 92mm 645LT vs CoolerMaster ML 120Lv2 differ much anyways)

E15293E2-81F9-4B89-9AD0-3AF6C1F92A36.jpeg