Most reliable gaming laptops as of 2022?

Hi there, 

I will eventually be looking for a gaming laptop, that can run GTA Online smoothly, and is as reliable as possible, that I will be travelling multiple times a year and take it with me in my backpack and travel frequently. 

What is the most reliable gaming laptop, 17 inches, as of 2022, that has the most sturdy structure, and reliable hardware design that would have the most chance of surviving being carried around in a backpack or a carry on suitcase on a weekly basis? 

Reliability is the utmost priority, as long as it can run GTA Online and Overwatch well, thickness is not an issue, but reliability and heat dissipation, and long term hardware durability!

Thank you so much! I will be purchasing them from either Japan, South Korea, Taiwan or Singapore when I travel there later this year when they open up to general tourists and I will be travelling a lot among those countries therefore I have such a demand for long term durability and reliability. Thank you! 

It doesn't have to be thin because I'll transit the laptop between Airbnbs and Hotels and once it arrives at the destination it'll just sit on the table but it is the transiting part that requires the durability and long term reliability. 

Thinkpad P17

If you dont want to spend 5 grand on a gaming laptop, Thinkpad P70

I daily used a thinkpad P50 for work and games while traveling until very recently, if you need something durable, reliable and generally solid then you shouldnt be looking at consumer gaming laptops. Theyre not meant to handle a lot of that.

The P50 with its Xeon E3 1505m v5 and 4gb Quadro M2000m made short work of GTA V in 1080p. Thats a max spec p50, thats a mid-spec P70 since the P70 had even better gpu options. The P50 being 15" and the P70 being 17"

Thats what i would suggest, used thinkpad P70, specced as high as you feel like paying for. You can get a P70 with a 4k screen, i7 or xeon, quadro m4000m, etc for sub 700$ in the US anyway, but usually they will require an OS reinstall or maybe a replacement part of some variety.

This one for example has a minor scratch on the display and requires a key down arrow key, but considering the entire keyboard for one of these is a 5 minute replacement and costs like 40 bucks, id just replace the entire keyboard.

752022846_Screenshotfrom2022-05-0419-00-43.thumb.png.52f9ef6b2139885d96efaa04e3ec43d8.png

kinda just an example, but if budget isnt a concern, basically just get a new P17. You can get a pretty entry level specced P17 Gen 2 for like 1500$ USD, thats usually with an 11th gen i5, a quadro t1200 and 16gb of ram, but i personally would prefer an older machine with all of the little peripheral features over a new one with none of those, a pantone color calibrated 4k display is not needed, but it is cool to have