Pretty sure WAN podcast is broken

Ravendarat

I’ve been trying to load the podcast on my IPhone for this last fridays show and it keeps just trying to load for like 30 seconds then fails saying it’s unavailable. Pretty sure it’s broken. Just giving a heads up and didn’t know where to post it

Yup, me too. On Overcast. Both the Wan Show and TechLinked won't download.

IMG_2158.PNG

Yeah it's definitely broken. It never finishes buffering and always fails to download

Is there a reason why podcasts are uploaded days after the YouTube upload?

I'm using the Google podcasts app btw

Edited by NotMySupervisor

Same problem here, I looked a bit further into it and it seems Anchor is having a problem:

Connecting to production-origin.anchor.fm (production-origin.anchor.fm)|52.200.1.165|:443... failed: Operation timed out.

You guys can download? That option isn't even available on Android as far as I can tell. (On the Anchor app and website)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I get a new error message now: 404 File not found

2 hours ago, TetraSky said:

You guys can download? That option isn't even available on Android as far as I can tell. (On the Anchor app and website)

I used Overcast for iOS, and for my tests I also tried to download the MP3-file to my Mac straight out of the podcast RSS feed 🙂

12 hours ago, NotMySupervisor said:

Is there a reason why podcasts are uploaded days after the YouTube upload?

AFAIK they are made specifically afterwards. YouTube and all other video platforms get direct streaming that goes through service and is just saved there. So WAN is not even uploaded per say, it's streamed directly to all three major platforms.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Same. Cannot download or stream any WAN old or new using any app on Android. Get a anchor.fm error

Connecting to production-origin.anchor.fm (production-origin.anchor.fm)|52.200.1.165|:443... failed: Operation timed out.

1 hour ago, AxelV said:

I get a new error message now: 404 File not found

I used Overcast for iOS, and for my tests I also tried to download the MP3-file to my Mac straight out of the podcast RSS feed 🙂

So it's not an issue that LMG can do anything about, then. It's an Overcast issue.

LMG uploads to Anchor. Apps that can download files on other platforms are totally unrelated and unsupported. They can't offer support for that.

Because listening to the podcast on Anchor itself seems to work just fine, meaning it's not an Anchor issue.
If Anchor decided to update their stuff to prevent third party streams/download(or if LMG enabled a setting?), that's up to them and for your app's dev to figure out a way around it.

41 minutes ago, Wannabe said:

Same. Cannot download or stream any WAN old or new using any app on Android. Get a anchor.fm error

Have you tried using Anchor itself though? It works just fine for me to stream it. Just can't download it.

https://anchor.fm/thewanshowpodcast/episodes/THE-BIG-REVEAL---WAN-Show-April-29--2022-e1hvnp7

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

So it's not an issue that LMG can do anything about, then. It's an Overcast issue.

LMG uploads to Anchor. Apps that can download files on other platforms are totally unrelated and unsupported. They can't offer support for that.

Because listening to the podcast on Anchor itself seems to work just fine, meaning it's not an Anchor issue.
If Anchor decided to update their stuff to prevent third party streams/download(or if LMG enabled a setting?), that's up to them and for your app's dev to figure out a way around it.

Have you tried using Anchor itself though? It works just fine for me to stream it. Just can't download it.

https://anchor.fm/thewanshowpodcast/episodes/THE-BIG-REVEAL---WAN-Show-April-29--2022-e1hvnp7

Id this the same for the IOS podcast app? Because now on there it just says the file is unavailable

1 minute ago, Ravendarat said:

Id this the same for the IOS podcast app? Because now on there it just says the file is unavailable

Most likely all third party podcast app I'd say from what I understand of this thread thus far.
Anchor itself works fine, but others are met with errors, its the logical assumption to make.

Just now, TetraSky said:

Most likely all third party podcast app I'd say from what I understand of this thread thus far.
Anchor itself works fine, but others are met with errors, its the logical assumption to make.

I only wondered because we all know apple likes to control everything so it would seem weird for them to depend on anyone else for functionality of one of their core apps on their devices. But what you said does make total sense

Aaand it's fixed!

I just tried playing the latest episode again using Overcast, and it's working just fine now.