A Problem with the discord server

Hello there,
new user here. I wanted to join the LTT discord server problem is that you have to verify your mobile number.
I do not have a mobile phone or a number. Is there a way so that I could be on the server anyway?
I guess this is the wrong section to ask this question if necessary please move it.

A Google Voice number should work, if you're open to using that service.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Contact Momo#1111 - they're head mod in the server. Forum staff has no relation to Discord server staff.

elephants

4 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Contact Momo#1111 - they're head mod in the server. Forum staff has no relation to Discord server staff.

I tried that but even after I checked my settings I could not message them said either we don't share a server or the settings won't allow it. Sooooo I have no clue.

5 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

A Google Voice number should work, if you're open to using that service.

Nah I am not a fan of that. Also I don't even want a number. I only accept E-Mail.

5 minutes ago, TheDeveloper said:

I tried that but even after I checked my settings I could not message them said either we don't share a server or the settings won't allow it. Sooooo I have no clue.

Shows you how much they care I guess.

Honestly you aren't missing anything. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

The requirements are there because server is official partner with Discord. Their main purpose is to keep out spam and raids. If you can't meet the requirements, then you can't get in. There are no exceptions to requirements coming from Discords side of things.

Floatplane members should get pass LTTs own server side requirements though. But good luck getting FP without phone number as I think almost all of the accepted payment methods do require it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Hmm well. Than I am not able to use those services. Would have liked to be able to join.

Borrow a parents number or something?

There is no way around entering a number ad far ad I know.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

1 hour ago, Mihle said:

There is no way around entering a number ad far ad I know.

Or buy a cheap burner phone if it's that important to you.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

On 5/2/2022 at 6:32 PM, Middcore said:

Shows you how much they care I guess.

Honestly you aren't missing anything. 

you can't discord message anyone who isn't:
A) A discord friend
B) Have at least one mutual server
or 
C) Have a previous chat history with

that's discord's rules, not the ltt server

8 hours ago, tkitch said:

B) Have at least one mutual server

And, if the user has turned off "Allow direct messages from server members" in Privacy Settings for the server, you cannot send messages to them even if you share a server with them.

Spoiler

image.png.30bae5bbdaf1ca13114a31742e9f4133.png

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

On 5/5/2022 at 3:31 PM, Mihle said:

What are thooooose!!!???
JKJK but I don't have friends that own phones either.

38 minutes ago, TheDeveloper said:

What are thooooose!!!???
JKJK but I don't have friends that own phones either.

Uhm, you are too young then? Phone numbers are cheaper and safer way than credits cards for making sure person is real. Pretty much every service requires phones number as security measure besides email or 2FA of sort.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I keep clicking join but nothing happens lol. 

Currently running with a MacBook Pro 14 2021, may build or pick up a gaming laptop again in the future. 

On 5/10/2022 at 10:02 PM, LogicalDrm said:

Uhm, you are too young then? Phone numbers are cheaper and safer way than credits cards for making sure person is real. Pretty much every service requires phones number as security measure besides email or 2FA of sort.

I'm  in my 20s so no I am not to young for a phone I just don't want to get one. Never had one always have been happy without one. And because I know me and I can see it on other ppl how addicted they are to it I am not going to buy one.

2 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Nope.

And it's not like discord is a safe platform anyway, it makes no difference if you link a sm*rtphone or not, they log everything.

I know. Reason why it's only running in a VM on a remote computer in another county.

2 hours ago, TheDeveloper said:

I'm  in my 20s so no I am not to young for a phone I just don't want to get one. Never had one always have been happy without one. And because I know me and I can see it on other ppl how addicted they are to it I am not going to buy one.

You are talking about two different things and thinking they are same. You could well get dumb-phone. You only need SMS service for verification codes. Sure, you can get addicted to Snake or some other 24x24px games. But there's no other drawback really.

Getting smartphone is another thing, and one could argue that if you are going to be using Discord, you already are addicted to same things you would get out of smartphone.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I can't join the server as well my account is old enough and I have a verified phone number with 2FA enabled i've tried to join the server on mobile and pc but i cant any ideas why that is happening

i have been using discord for 6 months now and it was working fine for me but when i started voice calls in communities it all started going down hill then.