GPU upgrade

medar

What is a good GPU upgrade for my current system.

AMD FX 6300 OC 4.0 GHz

AMD R7 260X 1GB

8gb ram

36 minutes ago, yagamilight said:

budget around 100€

I think with that budget you will he looking at second hand market. I'd suggest a higher model gpu from the same era, say a r9 290x or something off ebay?

Not sure how much of an improvement that will actually give you, however, you'd need to check and evaluate if the cost is worth the improvement for you.

21 minutes ago, Bouncewasp said:

I think with that budget you will he looking at second hand market. I'd suggest a higher model gpu from the same era, say a r9 290x or something off ebay?

Not sure how much of an improvement that will actually give you, however, you'd need to check and evaluate if the cost is worth the improvement for you.

This GPU serves me fine tbh only problem and why I wanna switch it is the 1GB in it so I would even go for the same model 2GB but I will try as you said the r9 290x

23 minutes ago, Bouncewasp said:

Grafička kartica Amd R9 280x Sapphire 3gb AKCIJA (210 KM)
https://www.olx.ba/r/47865168/1769792 is this good?

I had a R9 290x with 4GB until very recently, when it kind of died. Had it since 2014. It was a really good card, giving me acceptable performance even in titles such as Anno 1800, Call of Duty Warzone (struggling a bit), but mostly for stuff like the Witcher series, Overwatch, etc.

Which one is better, besides the obvious 2GB and 3GB difference XD.

GAINWARD GF GTX 770 2GB GDDR5 (160 KM)
https://www.olx.ba/r/47822256/1769792

Or

https://www.olx.ba/r/47865168/1769792

I juss wanna change to nVidia for once. For the past years I always had AMD and idk which is better nvidia or amd prolly doesnt matter but still Kinda wanna see how it feels to own an nvidia card xd.

I'd side with the 280X, especially considering the VRAM.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

Get the 280X. 3GB isn't sufficient for gaming in 2022 but it's still better than 2GB, and the 770 has had an aftermarket cooler attached and who knows if it was done properly 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

4 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Get the 280X. 3GB isn't sufficient for gaming in 2022 but it's still better than 2GB, and the 770 has had an aftermarket cooler attached and who knows if it was done properly 

and how much would be decent for gaming today? I literally play games from 2004 on my PC. The only "newer" games I play on my PC are GTA V and LoL. That is why I am getting a better gpu. My games work fine I just have some minor frame drops in gta online when a lot of players are around. 

37 minutes ago, yagamilight said:

Which one is better, besides the obvious 2GB and 3GB difference XD.

GAINWARD GF GTX 770 2GB GDDR5 (160 KM)
https://www.olx.ba/r/47822256/1769792

Or

https://www.olx.ba/r/47865168/1769792

Those are both ancient garbage. Get a 3050, 6600, 1650 super, literally anything else 

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

15 hours ago, yagamilight said:

and how much would be decent for gaming today? I literally play games from 2004 on my PC. The only "newer" games I play on my PC are GTA V and LoL. That is why I am getting a better gpu. My games work fine I just have some minor frame drops in gta online when a lot of players are around. 

The 280x will perform closer to GTX1050 Ti and sometime GTX1050

This one is slightly better overall https://www.olx.ba/artikal/47956259/nvidia-geforce-gtx-960-4gb-asus-strix/

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Nope. That is like going from HD7770 to HD7850.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

No, that's more of a side grade. Buy a newer modern GPU if you want to actually upgrade, a 1650 4GB or above should be a decent improvement for not a whole lot of money.

Also for the love of everything holy, fix your title. You can do better than that.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

I dont want big improvements just to play gta v at normal settings with normal fps and I think my problem was the 1GB card I just want 2GB

1 minute ago, yagamilight said:

I dont want big improvements just to play gta v at normal settings with normal fps and I think my problem was the 1GB card I just want 2GB

You wont get big improvements as it still will be paired with a FX6300. Your issue is your CPU.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

12 minutes ago, Levent said:

You wont get big improvements as it still will be paired with a FX6300. Your issue is your CPU.

I was told here that my issue is the 1GB GPU...

1 minute ago, yagamilight said:

I was told here that my issue is the 1GB GPU...

GTA5 scales with CPU power. FX series CPUs are complete garbage, whatever GPU you put there you wont get the upgrade you are hoping for. I ran GTA5 with a 3570K and a HD7850 2G at Normal/High mix settings at got above 60fps at 1080p for 6 years.

23 hours ago, yagamilight said:

depending on how much you wouuld be wanting to spend i would reccomend a gtx 750 ti or 780 ti there cheap and very capable 

Used

24 minutes ago, Meatball the man said:

depending on how much you wouuld be wanting to spend i would reccomend a gtx 750 ti or 780 ti there cheap and very capable 

I mean you are recommending me a weaker card than the r7 370 I literally just did 1 google search and it shown it was much worse. 

Screenshot_20220509-194824_Chrome.jpg

22 hours ago, Levent said:

GTA5 scales with CPU power. FX series CPUs are complete garbage, whatever GPU you put there you wont get the upgrade you are hoping for. I ran GTA5 with a 3570K and a HD7850 2G at Normal/High mix settings at got above 60fps at 1080p for 6 years.

I mean in gta Settings I am using 1024/1024MB  of my graphic card and that is why I thought it was GPU. FX processors are bad for games that did not adjust for it but I heard GTA did. 

with decent cooling FX processors are still decent in my opinion but hey you act like you know your stuff so I'm not gonna judge

max settings 40 FPS and I have low settings with 30 FPS. So if you are telling me that the same CPU used in this video can somehow give me less FPS then idk what to tell u.