Thoughts on this build

Budget (including currency): ~$1500 cad (can go over budget by 2 to 300 dollars)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Light coding, Gaming focused setup (Elden ring, Gta V, etc.)

Other details: I am from the US but this build is for a friend in Canada

pcpp link:

o?

I would get a lesser Motherboard like B660 or H670. You don't need the Z690. Use the saved money and get a 3060Ti. The performance jump is big between it and the 3060.

You also might be able to get a cheaper PSU if you look harder. $138 for a 750 gold is pretty steep. Also its the 2018 model

For example: https://www.newegg.com/nzxt-np-c750m-us-750w/p/N82E16817116040?Description=c750&cm_re=c750-_-17-116-040-_-Product&quicklink=true
I use the C850 and its great and quiet.

Everything else seems fine

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

2 hours ago, mr fobs said:

I would get a lesser Motherboard like B660 or H670. You don't need the Z690. Use the saved money and get a 3060Ti. The performance jump is big between it and the 3060.

This is good advice but it's worth explaining if some one doesn't know.

The purpose for top-of-the-line intel motherboard chipsets in the past was to allow users to manually overclock k-series CPUs, but as precision boost (automatic frequency adjustment) has improved over the years, the utility of manual overclocking has waned.  As things are now, precision boost will automatically raise the frequency of your CPU to it's thermal limit without any extra input from the user, so manually overclocking is effectively an obsolete practice.  Some users have been able to manually overclock Alder lake (12th gen) CPUs slightly higher than precision boost, but with meticulous tuning, and to no end-performance effect. 

In short, the ability to slave over getting a CPOU to manually overclock and be pinned to 5.0GHz as opposed to allowing precision boost to raise the frequency to 4.9GHz when it is needed and lower it back down to 3.7GHz when nothing is happening is pointless.  100Mhz faster when the frequency is already that high will not yield any real performance benefit. 

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.