Part list looking at building later this year

Plok-asc

Budget (including currency): $2350 aud

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: triple A titles, TrackMania, Minecraft, conquerors blade

Other details: I am building a new PC and would like advice on my part list. I would like to run 1440p with at least 60fps, I am looking to build later this year but I am doing research early and would like advice.

My part list:

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/bLPv3y

11 hours ago, Plok-asc said:

Budget (including currency): $2350 aud

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: triple A titles, TrackMania, Minecraft, conquerors blade

Other details: I am building a new PC and would like advice on my part list. I would like to run 1440p with at least 60fps, I am looking to build later this year but I am doing research early and would like advice.

My part list:

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/bLPv3y

I would consider going Intel, since their offerings are a bit better value these days than AMD.

Motherboard is way too expensive. You can get a good motherboard that maxes out the 5800X for way less. Also consult the motherboard tier list. Anything Tier C or above should be good enough for the 5800X.

You can easily fit a RTX 3070 in your budget with a cheaper motherboard.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I would NOT build a build with AM4 right now. That platform is EOL now, and AMD won't be offering new CPU's for it. Either build Intel 12th gen now (see build below), or wait for AM5 later this year and reconsider all options at that time.

If you go Intel, you could get a 12600K, which would outperform the 5800X in games.

But as @Pixelfie has said, it is kind of better to wait. A lot of changes are coming in the next few months. New AMD CPU's, new Nvidia GPU's, etc. If you build now, I would go with the below build. If you build in the second half of this year, you should wait and see what it out then.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($419.00 @ BPC Technology)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($129.00)
Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z690M-PLUS D4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($259.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($136.00 @ Amazon Australia)
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($117.00 @ Storm Computers)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 LHR 8 GB VISION OC Rev 2.0 Video Card  ($799.00 @ JW Computers)
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO ATX Mid Tower Case  ($255.00 @ BPC Technology)
Power Supply: MSI MPG A-GF 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.00 @ Umart)
Custom: Deepcool Rf 120 fs ($88.70)
Total: $2301.70
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-04-27 19:28 AEST+1000