aRGB header on Sapphire RX 6900 XT Toxic

Flidan
Go to solution Solved by -rascal-,
1 hour ago, Flidan said:

Hello,

I'm putting a new build together using a Sapphire RX 6900 XT Toxic on a Asus Crosshair VIII Extreme. All the rest of the RGB/aRGB in my build are controlled by a Corsair Commander Core XT, and I was hoping the aRGB header on the Toxic card could be hooked into Commander Core XT so that it could control the RGB there as well, my problem is that I am woefully inexperienced in RGB/aRGB builds and I'm wary of just plugging and praying on this build, so I was hoping someone here had some experience with using the aRGB header on this card and could give me some tips, or someone who is knowledgeable in aRGB in general could point me in the right direction. Normally I would just read the user manual, however the user manual for this GPU is very vague and unspecific, and doesn't mention the aRGB header at all other than to say that it has one that can in fact be used.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Flidan  

You connect an regular ARGB cable from the 6900XT to an ARGB header on your motherboard.

Sapphire uses a....more or less now... the "standardized" ARGB header found on motherboards -- including on your ASUS Crosshair VII Extreme.

As for hooking it up to the Corsair Commander Core XT, you'll need to see if Corsair sells/offers an adapter cable, etc.

image.png.be62adad86f5d48347e8cbb7b62e0ebb.png

The ARGB header is the exact same as on my NITRO+ SE 5700XT (and my incoming NITRO+ SE 6800XT).

IMO, using a "standard" ARGB header is waaaay better than using another custom proprietary RGB/ARGB header. 

My entire system (RGB fans, RGB strips, Sapphire Graphics card, RAM, etc) lighting is controlled through ONE piece of software.
The motherboard software. No software nightmare conflicts with multiple RGB software, etc,

(Like my buddy who was using ASUS Aura Sync + Corsair iCUE + MSi Mystic + Case RGB software, etc, it was software hell)

Hello,

I'm putting a new build together using a Sapphire RX 6900 XT Toxic on a Asus Crosshair VIII Extreme. All the rest of the RGB/aRGB in my build are controlled by a Corsair Commander Core XT, and I was hoping the aRGB header on the Toxic card could be hooked into Commander Core XT so that it could control the RGB there as well, my problem is that I am woefully inexperienced in RGB/aRGB builds and I'm wary of just plugging and praying on this build, so I was hoping someone here had some experience with using the aRGB header on this card and could give me some tips, or someone who is knowledgeable in aRGB in general could point me in the right direction. Normally I would just read the user manual, however the user manual for this GPU is very vague and unspecific, and doesn't mention the aRGB header at all other than to say that it has one that can in fact be used.

Flidan  

1 hour ago, Flidan said:

Hello,

Flidan  

You connect an regular ARGB cable from the 6900XT to an ARGB header on your motherboard.

Sapphire uses a....more or less now... the "standardized" ARGB header found on motherboards -- including on your ASUS Crosshair VII Extreme.

As for hooking it up to the Corsair Commander Core XT, you'll need to see if Corsair sells/offers an adapter cable, etc.

The ARGB header is the exact same as on my NITRO+ SE 5700XT (and my incoming NITRO+ SE 6800XT).

IMO, using a "standard" ARGB header is waaaay better than using another custom proprietary RGB/ARGB header. 

My entire system (RGB fans, RGB strips, Sapphire Graphics card, RAM, etc) lighting is controlled through ONE piece of software.
The motherboard software. No software nightmare conflicts with multiple RGB software, etc,

(Like my buddy who was using ASUS Aura Sync + Corsair iCUE + MSi Mystic + Case RGB software, etc, it was software hell)

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

40 minutes ago, -rascal- said:

Thank you so much for you help!

I am in total agreement about having all the RGB controlled through one system, unfortunately my motherboard and the argb control board that came with it simply cannot accommodate all the RGB and fans in my system (as far as I'm aware). My case however did come preinstalled with the corsair commander core XT though and I was already planning on using corsair I150 capellix which comes with it's own Icue commander core. So Icue just seemed like the most straight forward way to go to end up having everything in one place.

But it sounds like in this particular case it will end up being better to either connect the toxic card directly to the MB or just let TRIXX control it since I don't want to risk using a 3rd party aRBG to Corsair 4pin RGB connector.

Thanks again for all your help!