Computer not turning on please help

TheDrLog

So yesterday i upgraded my brother's computer to an intel core i3 12100f, a gigabyte b660m ds3h, and 16gigs of team t force vulcan z @ 3200mhz. However, when I went to turn it on, none of the fans spun, and only the light on the power button was on. Everything is plugged in, the psu is on, the power cable is in obv.

Now my thought is that the cpu is not getting sufficient power as one of the cpu power cables was faulty when I originally built this machine. Though this hasn't been a problem till now as his last cpu only used 4 pins. The reason I think this is the problem is because I know power is still running through the mobo, and I know that fans dont spin if the cpu is not in process.

Please let me know if you think this is the problem, and if not what else the problem may be. Because as it stands I'm just going to buy a new psu as I don't have the tools to fix the wire.

Any help is desperately appreicated 🙂

can sometimes be a silly thing, but did you plug the pw switch correctly on the mobo? check the cables and if you wanna make sure, try and jump the mobo to boot it

Make sure everything is seated properly, all screws are all the way screwed, etc.

Power Supply model? Wattage?

The PSU is a gigabyte 450br... so 450w at 80+ bronze.

And everything is plugged in correctly, along with the screws.

And just because I'm not super knowledgable when it comes to jumping mobos, what exactly would doing that accomplish if I already know that power is running through it.