Final recommendation after research

Subz

Hey guys

Been shopping around for a new monitor after my old TN panel died on me recently. Before posting on here and after doing a few days of research it is apparent that the general consensus is the Dell S2721DGF is the go-to monitor for a 27" 1440p 144-165hz IPS before going into diminishing returns category. I did see some recommendations around the Gigabyte M27Q but it is not available in my country and the MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD which is about double the price of the Dell in my country.

Before I pull the trigger on the Dell I wanted to ask on here if there was anything that I am missing that may be on par or better than the Dell at that price-point or even slightly more? I also noticed that the Dell is a 2020 model and if it will still be good for 2023 and well beyond as I dont upgrade that often?

Thanks

We need to know your region and budget. Some websites where you can buy from would also be helpful. Otherwise how are we supposed to check it's value? There are so many monitors in this class. But in general the S2721DGF is still a very good IPS monitor, sitting in between the M27Q and MAG274QRF-QD in terms of performance and color gamut.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann said:

We need to know your region and budget. Some websites where you can buy from would also be helpful. Otherwise how are we supposed to value-check? 😄

Ah my apologies, I am from South Africa where options are limited 😔

In terms of pricing here, the Dell S2721DGF retails for the equivalent of $500(US)

The MSI Optix MAG274QRF, non QD, retails for $705(US)

The Asus XG27AQ also around $700

https://www.wootware.co.za/dell-s2721dgfa-27-wqhd-2560x1440-165hz-1ms-ips-amd-freesync-premium-pro-displayhdr-400-gaming-desktop-monitor.html

https://www.evetech.co.za/msi-optix-mag274qrf-165hz-gaming-monitor/best-deal/14047.aspx

https://tech.co.za/product/asus-rog-strix-xg27aq-27-wqhd-gaming-monitor-2560-x-1440-1ms/?utm_term=&utm_campaign=Shopping+Campaign&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&hsa_acc=2983375708&hsa_cam=2075049007&hsa_grp=79299559631&hsa_ad=372624841677&hsa_src=u&hsa_tgt=pla-365619652957&hsa_kw=&hsa_mt=&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_ver=3&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIi8i_oNuY9wIVDevtCh3IDw5fEAQYAiABEgLpQfD_BwE

4 minutes ago, Subz said:

The only comparable monitor with good pricing i found was the Asus VG27AQ.

It's very similar to the Dell S2721DGF. For a detailed comparison you can check RTINGS.

The main differences are worse contrast on the Dell and slightly worse response times on the Asus.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

The only comparable monitor with good pricing i found was the Asus VG27AQ.

It's very similar to the Dell S2721DGF. For a detailed comparison you can check RTINGS.

The main differences are worse contrast on the Dell and slightly worse response times on the Asus.

Thanks so much @Stahlmann, I will definitely check out the Asus. I did not see that one