Hardware reserved 8.1gb!

Go to solution Solved by Windows7ge,

I would run a couple passes of MemTest86.

As a simpler test try remove either stick then turning the computer on. Check it's behavior. Then try the other stick by itself in it's old slot. See if everything behaves. Then bring them together again. Sometimes it's as simple as a fickle connection.

I don't think it's being reserved as video memory. Google tells me the 2600 isn't of the G series (iGPU). So it's not a feature that should be enabled. Sounds like hardware failure which brings me back to suggesting MemTest86.

Not sure where to start I guess with my rig

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

GPU: GTX 1060 3gb

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb (2x8)

Motherboard: a320m s2h v2

not sure what else is needed above 

anyway I have flashed my bios to the latest version 

I did the boot memory rubbish 

activated xmp

i have two slots only but windows registers them as slot 2 and 4 which is the right channels but again still hardware resevred. 

updated windows

took out the cmos battery and waited 

I really don't know what else to try i mean my pc recognises theres 2 sticks and it even went up by hardware reserve before it was 8gb now its 8.1 

I really need help I have listed some screenshots below please help me fix this !

image.png.45382f11f5280df8d4a58fcf15616206.pngimage.png.a5d8dd024eb7385abd41ef4037bea2df.pngimage.png.097a0b517afa4ee123de231e21048d7a.pngimage.png.de5aa3cc2d1ec746d6df0ffacf00572c.pngimage.thumb.png.f65ed796e1175e628dd69a5b43096752.png

As a simpler test try remove either stick then turning the computer on. Check it's behavior. Then try the other stick by itself in it's old slot. See if everything behaves. Then bring them together again. Sometimes it's as simple as a fickle connection.

I don't think it's being reserved as video memory. Google tells me the 2600 isn't of the G series (iGPU). So it's not a feature that should be enabled. Sounds like hardware failure which brings me back to suggesting MemTest86.

24 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

So i took out the sticks started the pc with one then added the other turned on xmp again and then did your thing and then restarted my pc and it seemed to work im now at a comfortable 75.4mb hardware reserved virtually nothing so im happy its fixed thank christ ive been trying day for 10+ hours hahha 

3 minutes ago, luvrr said:

So i took out the sticks started the pc with one then added the other turned on xmp again and then did your thing and then restarted my pc and it seemed to work im now at a comfortable 75.4mb hardware reserved virtually nothing so im happy its fixed thank christ ive been trying day for 10+ hours hahha 

Keep an eye on it. See if it happens to revert back after hours, days, or a week or two. Usually unplanned hardware reserved memory is a physical issue though so there's a good chance reseating them was all it really needed. Glad to hear it worked.