Can't access Raspberry Pi on new router

Mr.Stork
Go to solution Solved by Mr.Stork,
1 hour ago, Needfuldoer said:

You'll need access to the running system install on the Pi. If you can hook up a keyboard, mouse, and monitor, do it. If not, either hook both your PC and your Pi up to your old router, or set a static address on your old router's subnet on your PC and connect the Pi's Ethernet port directly to your PC's NIC and SSH into it.

Then you can check your Pi's network config with this command:

cat /etc/network/interfaces

Look for "iface [something] inet dhcp" or "iface [something] inet static". 

My guess is there's a static address assigned to the NIC in that file. That address is on the different subnet your old router is using, and because there's no routing between the two subnets you won't be able to ping the Pi if your PC grabbed an address from the new one.

If you were assigning your Pi an address by setting aside a DHCP reservation on your old router, I'm not sure why it's not showing up for you on the new router.

Static ip is not set as I can seeimage.png.3073488823395a79fbce9afecf453580.png

I found it, its set in the /etc/dhcpcd.conf file. Im guessing I also have to change the static routers= to 29.1 from 0.1 for router subnet? (or can I leave it empty?)

image.png.dd6217f5006f5d55f1d5b34e7f1a818b.png

Is it possible to set a fallback eth0 ip so I can put both ...0.175 (for old router) and ...29.175 (new router) in case I exchange them? 

I am trying out a new fiber connection so I have both new and old net connections. Its called Jio Fiber. The new (jio) router that has light converter build in so I can't not use it, but the old one had a seperate converted allowing me to use any router (tp link). Jio router uses 192.168.29.1 as subnet, instead of 192.168.0.1 by tplink.

Previously I had my pi's ip reserved in the tp link router to 192.168.0.175 which works fine. Problem is I don't see the pi in the clients list, when I do see it I can't connect to it. I've also noticed, the mac address of same device are different in both routers, so I can't use the same mac. I have use Advance IP Scanner ss below.

It's probably the ...29.7 one, as only 3 clients are connected to the router. 29.7 doesn't show up on the router's lan clients page tho. Im confused.image.thumb.png.4408c6dae40a9d6f56cb3369b745a781.png

image.thumb.png.1d813334ce1e1a6a6105eb1aeb8deba3.png

Is the Pi getting its address only by DHCP reservation, or does it also have a static IP set in its OS?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

ISPs need to stop supplying routers or at least stop making it hard for people to use their own equipment...

2 hours ago, cloneman said:

ISPs need to stop supplying routers or at least stop making it hard for people to use their own equipment...

first world problems lmao

my ISP initiated the account on their end and was like good luck, see ya.

3 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Is the Pi getting its address only by DHCP reservation, or does it also have a static IP set in its OS?

I don't remember, how can I check it on Pi? Is there a config file I can access on the sdcard?

12 minutes ago, Mr.Stork said:

I don't remember, how can I check it on Pi? Is there a config file I can access on the sdcard?

You'll need access to the running system install on the Pi. If you can hook up a keyboard, mouse, and monitor, do it. If not, either hook both your PC and your Pi up to your old router, or set a static address on your old router's subnet on your PC and connect the Pi's Ethernet port directly to your PC's NIC and SSH into it.

My guess is there's a static address assigned to the NIC in that file. That address is on the different subnet your old router is using, and because there's no routing between the two subnets you won't be able to ping the Pi if your PC grabbed an address from the new one.

If you were assigning your Pi an address by setting aside a DHCP reservation on your old router, I'm not sure why it's not showing up for you on the new router.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

1 hour ago, Needfuldoer said:

Static ip is not set as I can seeimage.png.3073488823395a79fbce9afecf453580.png

I found it, its set in the /etc/dhcpcd.conf file. Im guessing I also have to change the static routers= to 29.1 from 0.1 for router subnet? (or can I leave it empty?)

image.png.dd6217f5006f5d55f1d5b34e7f1a818b.png

Is it possible to set a fallback eth0 ip so I can put both ...0.175 (for old router) and ...29.175 (new router) in case I exchange them?