Insignia or Onn?

Retro_R
Go to solution Solved by Retro_R,

UPDATE: just got a 'open box' LG from Walmart. It seems brand new and works great so far!

Only issue is that the volume isnt controllable when i try to out put it to my bose soundmates thru optical, but i think thats just an issue w the digital to analog converter im using bc that happened w my old tv. Only prob w this one tho is that it doesnt have an aux output, only a optical 😕. But it connects to bluetooth and i think i have a bluetooth converter im not using lying around somewhere iirc. so ill try that.

EDIT: I tried the bluetooth reciever and it "works" but after i turn the tv off, after a while, the reciever turns off too (to save battery) so everytime i would want to watch tv again i gotta turn it on, even if its pluged in. I dont know why they didnt just have a 3.5mm line out. ig i may have to get a new adapter w a remote to change the volume, or get a new speakers.

Also, this is the TV i got

Hey, i need a new tv, and i need help deciding between 2 models. I was planning on getting this onn/ Walmart brand tv beacuse it's only about $220 at my local walmart rn and it has most of the stuff i need (4k, air play, composite), but i looked around and found this Insignia model that looks very good too, and is only a little bit more than the walmart one. I'm not sure which one i should get because they both have most of the things i really need. I'm kinda leaning to the insignia one, because walmart isn't exactly known for quality. I feel you guys would know more about which one is better, so im here making this post. Which of these is the better model?

6 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

I'd say the Insignia just for hearing about better build quality. 

I concur. Old man has had an Insignia for years and it still works today.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

6 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

I'd say the Insignia just for hearing about better build quality. 

Thank you! You think this one is pretty good too? The insignia tv wont arriave until next week so just lookin around

Truthfully, after a 43" Toshiba FireTV started acting stupid just out of warranty (blank screen adjusting volume, etc.), I prefer to buy TVs without smart features and get a streaming stick.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Just now, An0maly_76 said:

Truthfully, after a 43" Toshiba FireTV started acting stupid just out of warranty (blank screen adjusting volume, etc.), I prefer to buy TVs without smart features and get a streaming stick.

Thats fair, but i dont think you can get a 'un-smart' tv now. I just want a 4k tv thats ok for under $270

1 hour ago, Retro_R said:

Thats fair, but i dont think you can get a 'un-smart' tv now. I just want a 4k tv thats ok for under $270

Depends on the market I guess. I just bought a 55" about a month ago.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

UPDATE: just got a 'open box' LG from Walmart. It seems brand new and works great so far!

Only issue is that the volume isnt controllable when i try to out put it to my bose soundmates thru optical, but i think thats just an issue w the digital to analog converter im using bc that happened w my old tv. Only prob w this one tho is that it doesnt have an aux output, only a optical 😕. But it connects to bluetooth and i think i have a bluetooth converter im not using lying around somewhere iirc. so ill try that.

EDIT: I tried the bluetooth reciever and it "works" but after i turn the tv off, after a while, the reciever turns off too (to save battery) so everytime i would want to watch tv again i gotta turn it on, even if its pluged in. I dont know why they didnt just have a 3.5mm line out. ig i may have to get a new adapter w a remote to change the volume, or get a new speakers.

Also, this is the TV i got

14 hours ago, Retro_R said:

Only issue is that the volume isnt controllable when i try to out put it to my bose soundmates thru optical, but i think thats just an issue w the digital to analog converter im using bc that happened w my old tv. Only prob w this one tho is that it doesnt have an aux output, only a optical 😕. But it connects to bluetooth and i think i have a bluetooth converter im not using lying around somewhere iirc. so ill try that/

Yeah, my Sceptre is like that. 3.5mm out seems to be preamp only. Doesn't cut the speakers either. My solution will likely be an HDMI audio extractor or simply wire a 3.5mm plug to an OEM speaker harness. That way I can disconnect the factory speakers for a volume controlled output, and leave the original harness in place if I ever want to put it back.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

19 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

My solution will likely be an HDMI audio extractor or simply wire a 3.5mm plug

That uses ARC, right? You can change the volume with that, right? I'll have to look into it. i've never seen it. Thank u for the suggestion tho!