Want to make a 5 person moded minecraft server, is a vps a good option?

So I saw a few people talking about how a vps is a good option for a custom minecraft server. Honestly never did any custom servers so I have no clue what to do now. Would play ftb revelations and sky factory 5 people max. This is one vps option I have is it any good or do you guys have any other recomendations. I am open to any suggestion, even hosting it on my pc if it is possible. I have a i3-10100f, 16gb ddr4, nvme ssd, rx6600. I would be playing on the server as well.

10 hours ago, James Evens said:

VPS are a very good option. Significantly cheaper then dedicated and does exactly what you want/need.

If you are seriously interested in server pick up one or two old Dell optiplex for like 20€ and two small SSDs.

Since 5 person sounds like friends and assuming your network infrastructure allows it you could run a VM on your PC and use it as Minecraft server.

What cpu should it be, could I run it on an old i5-4570 because that is what I already have or would I need something stronger or newer?

Unless you have good upload bandwidth, I'd think twice about hosting it locally.

You can sign up for a free account with Oracle and set up a virtual machine in one of their datacenters, then host Minecraft inside that.

https://blogs.oracle.com/developers/post/how-to-set-up-and-run-a-really-powerful-free-minecraft-server-in-the-cloud

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Just now, James Evens said:

Should be fine. 5 person Minecraft probably doesn't need a lot.

I will try that then its a pretty cheap otpion compared to a vps in the long run, and when I want to upgrade it I can just retire into a storage server. Thank you. 

17 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Unless you have good upload bandwidth, I'd think twice about hosting it locally.

You can sign up for a free account with Oracle and set up a virtual machine in one of their datacenters, then host Minecraft inside that.

https://blogs.oracle.com/developers/post/how-to-set-up-and-run-a-really-powerful-free-minecraft-server-in-the-cloud

Will try this one out first, if it works well enough I will continue using it, if not I will just host my own. Thank you for the advice.