Those GPU Ports Caps, Remove or Keep Them On?

Go to solution Solved by Robchil,

leave them on.. those on sli/nvlink ports are so you don't short it 馃槃

Hello again,

Simple and maybe silly question, but those little caps that are on GPU connectors.
Keep them on the ports I don't use or should I remove them because they may expand the GPU heat?

I would like to keep them on because of the dust and dirt that may enter overtime.

CPU Intel i7 12700F聽MotherboardASUS H670 Wifi聽RAM聽Corsair 4X 8GB 3600 MHz GPUASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070

Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1TB | 980 1TB | 970 EVO PLUS 1TBCaseFractal Design Define Compact Tempered Glass Dark

1 minute ago, Robchil said:

they are dustprotectors..聽 spare monitor ports or nvlink/sli/crossfire?聽

spare monitor ports

CPU Intel i7 12700F聽MotherboardASUS H670 Wifi聽RAM聽Corsair 4X 8GB 3600 MHz GPUASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070

Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1TB | 980 1TB | 970 EVO PLUS 1TBCaseFractal Design Define Compact Tempered Glass Dark

They prevent humidity and dust from getting inside the connectors. There's no heat coming out of the connectors, so they don't block any ventilation if they're capping the connectors.

I keep them on because of the reasons above and also because I'd lost them otherwise, there's no benefit to removing them.聽