TrueNAS

So, I have a old pc turned into NAS via TrueNAS, Network equipment AND NAS are all on a UPS, However, the power cord was moved just slightly and i lost power to everything, Well I found a bad surge protector, replaced it with a new one, but now my pool is gone.  I've gone over the TrueNAS forums to no avail. Would anyone here have any info possibly?  I only care about a small portion of what's on the NAS,  about 100GB worth of pictures and videos of family and kids. the rest can be replaced. Worst case Ill send the drives off for recovery if possible as well, Much thanks to any and everyone!

can you post a screenshot of the main page of the truenas? or can you not access the web interface? I dono how the pool would have disappeared with just a powerless as mine goes out plenty and I've never had an issue.

If the pool isn't showing up on the main page try to add a pool but don't do it like its a new empty disc like the initial setup do the button where it says import disc and it should show your pool and just import and it should be there like it was before.

If you cant get to the web interface i suspect what happened is the router assigned it a different IP address and its working fine but you just need to go to the new location. go to the routers web interface and look for the NAS and see what the new IP address is and then just go there and the TrueNAS web interface should show up like normal.

ZFS can not suffer from loss of power issues or a incomplete write.. so that isn't your issue. (unless it's a guest in a VM) Soo.. Probably this has more to do with the TrueNAS configuration.

Forget the webui.

Go to the console (shell) and do:

zpool status

That should show you the pools it knows about.

If nothing shows up do:

gpart show
zpool import -a
zpool status

That will list all partitions on this disks.

Import all pools

and show the status of them.

Let us know the output.

"Only proprietary software vendors want proprietary software." - Dexter's Law