Holy S#!T !! Apple's Universal Control works even when a MacBook is updating.

My mind was honestly blown when I discovered that universal control between my MacBook Pro 2020 (intel i5 10th gen) and iPad Pro 2021 12.9” works even when the MBP was in the middle of updating, and even after it had rebooted to the black update screen midway through the process. I was able to control the cursor using both my MBP trackpad and through my iPad Pro Magic keyboard trackpad, and could scroll on the iPad using both. All features which normally work with UC worked under said conditions. (Correct me if I am wrong, but) For this to happen, I presume that UC would have to be a part of the most basic firmware?

It is so cool to see Apple over-engineering things like these for such a seamless "Apple" experience.

Neat. Though what's likely happening on the MBP is its just a black screen and the OS is fully running in the background. 

47 minutes ago, artemiskiss... said:

My mind was honestly blown when I discovered that universal control between my MacBook Pro 2020 (intel i5 10th gen) and iPad Pro 2021 12.9” works even when the MBP was in the middle of updating, and even after it had rebooted to the black update screen midway through the process. I was able to control the cursor using both my MBP trackpad and through my iPad Pro Magic keyboard trackpad, and could scroll on the iPad using both. All features which normally work with UC worked under said conditions. (Correct me if I am wrong, but) For this to happen, I presume that UC would have to be a part of the most basic firmware?

It is so cool to see Apple over-engineering things like these for such a seamless "Apple" experience.

this is cool now for me to try it with 3 macs updating