Molex Chained Fans

Kllrkira

I bought a case with built in RGB fans, they are molex chained and have 4 pin connectors only, I am new to this and unsure how/where to plug in the fans to make them work.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

14 minutes ago, Kllrkira said:

I bought a case with built in RGB fans, they are molex chained and have 4 pin connectors only, I am new to this and unsure how/where to plug in the fans to make them work.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

One would assume you could just attach them to the 4pin mini molex connectors in your motherboard and even control them that way.  If they don’t reach extensions are quite cheap.  You Don’t want to have too many in the chain to limit the draw of course the number of fans that can go in a single connector is technically three though some say two. It kind of depends on how closely the manufacturer adhered to the spec.  If there are more in a single chain you’ll need to use a controller. 

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.