What is the best Android competitor to the Iphone SE?

This has been on my mind ever since the 2nd SE came out. It's such a fast phone and it is rather inexpensive for how much it has to offer. Everytime I see my friends buy a cheaper Android phone it's complete garbage. I'm unsure of what I should recommend to people on a budget who don't want an Iphone. 

I'm usually as lost as you are

Xperia 10 iii, Pixel 4a.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

I was gonna say pixel 4a but it's a full .3" taller. But it is 280$ on amazon and a hell of a phone. 
I'd be eager to see if there is a P6a and if it is gonna be small. As we get closer to I/O in mid-May

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

I'd personally buy a used/refurbished flagship from a couple of years ago. Myself and several of my friends have gone this route (choosing Samsung Galaxy S9s) and have been satisfied with it. Just make sure you are buying one in decent condition.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro Plus is an amazing option

obviously it doesn't get close to iPhone se 3th generation in terms of performance but it is well acceptable for an android phone

Linus did a short review on it on short circuit

23 hours ago, BrandonT.05 said:

This has been on my mind ever since the 2nd SE came out. It's such a fast phone and it is rather inexpensive for how much it has to offer. Everytime I see my friends buy a cheaper Android phone it's complete garbage. I'm unsure of what I should recommend to people on a budget who don't want an Iphone. 

The Pixel 5a where it's available, the new Galaxy A53, some Realme and Poco phones if you have access to them.

Having said that, it's really hard to find an Android phone that would be directly comparable — you'd need to find a device that has the absolute latest CPU, a consistently good main camera, 5G, nice stereo speakers, IP67 water/dust resistance... you get the idea. Imagine buying an Android phone with a Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 and those other specs for $430 in the US and you'll see the challenge. You may get a reasonably fast chip like the Snapdragon 870, and even the 765G is often good enough, but you'll still be smoked in terms of raw processing power.

It's better to say those Android phones offer good value for money. They'll typically have larger screens than the iPhone SE, more (if rarely better) cameras and sometimes increased storage, and they may offer perks like higher-refresh screens or in-display fingerprint readers. They just won't stack up neatly against the iPhone, especially if you're looking for long-term OS support.

There really isn’t one. The SE is much faster than current android flagships.