How to install windows 11

Sanderguy777

Never thought I'd be doing this, but I'm going to install windows 11.

Health check says all I need is the tpm thing, but the BIOS has only 2 options (AMD CPU TPM, and route to LPC TPM). I think I want the CPU one, but I'm not sure if there is more stuff past that that I need to deal with, or if win 11 is smart enough to be able to turn secure boot on, CSM off, whatever. 

I can't find any videos that just tell how to install it without a lot of extra stuff, like "if the bios mode is set to legacy, blah blah blah". 

Secure boot and csm are in the bios and need to be turned on manually.

Csm will be in the boot tab, while secure boot will probably be under security

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

55 minutes ago, Helpful Tech Wiard said:

Secure boot and csm are in the bios and need to be turned on manually.

Csm will be in the boot tab, while secure boot will probably be under security

Thanks!

Does windows 11 absolutely require an internet connection ALL the time, or can I install with one, and then use the PC without one after? I might be moving to a part of the world where the internet isn't easy or unlimited, or goes down often, so I don't want to be stuck with the system not working because of that. 

11 minutes ago, Sanderguy777 said:

Thanks!

Does windows 11 absolutely require an internet connection ALL the time, or can I install with one, and then use the PC without one after? I might be moving to a part of the world where the internet isn't easy or unlimited, or goes down often, so I don't want to be stuck with the system not working because of that. 

no, it works fine without internet, you just need internet to install it

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Helpful Tech Wiard said:

you just need internet to install it

Even then, there's ways to get around that

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

There’s ways to get around everything. I can install w11 on a 15 year old system if I wanted to (because I did)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Sanderguy777 said:

Thanks!

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

To get started, I would suggest not to. Internet connection will be required for:

• Getting the latest OS update.
  • Getting the recent drivers for your system.
  • Getting the built-in apps.
  • Activating Windows
  • You may need to go yourself online, to get the latest drivers for some hardware if the manufacturer has yet deliver them to Microsoft for Windows Update delivery. This is an issue for frequently updated drivers like GPUs. If you want the absolute latest drivers, that is.
  •  You may need to go online to manually download and install some drivers that the manufacturer hasn't delivered to Microsoft for Windows Update delivery, making a hardware not work, or be limited in some way to be using the standard basic Windows drivers instead of the official ones from the manufacturer.
  • Some OS components are updated via the Store app (like the built-in apps).

Once your system is fully set up, then it will be fine to go offline.

3 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

To get started, I would suggest not to. Internet connection will be required for:

• Getting the latest OS update.
  • Getting the recent drivers for your system.
  • Getting the built-in apps.
  • Activating Windows
  • You may need to go yourself online, to get the latest drivers for some hardware if the manufacturer has yet deliver them to Microsoft for Windows Update delivery. This is an issue for frequently updated drivers like GPUs. If you want the absolute latest drivers, that is.
  •  You may need to go online to manually download and install some drivers that the manufacturer hasn't delivered to Microsoft for Windows Update delivery, making a hardware not work, or be limited in some way to be using the standard basic Windows drivers instead of the official ones from the manufacturer.
  • Some OS components are updated via the Store app (like the built-in apps).

Once your system is fully set up, then it will be fine to go offline.

Perfect! 

Yeah, I understand that I need it for all that (nice to see a checklist of stuff I'll need to do.) I was just wondering about after the install and updates, whether it would break or something.