Can you guys recommend me some laptops, under $1350

Go to solution Solved by Qyygle,

Asus Vivobook Pro 14X OLED review (M7400QE model, AMD Ryzen + 3050Ti) (ultrabookreview.com)

Looks like the vivobook is more traditional ultrabook but with some gaming ability, while the G14 is more gaming subnotebook with pretty good battery from the AMD implementation.

If you want battery life over all else, the Vivobook looks like it did better, however make sure you're ok with having an OLED screen and the possible burn-in issues that may come with that. Otherwise, they seem pretty similar. Note, the G14 does support usb-C charging, while the Vivobook as reviewed did not.

I have been looking to get a new laptop as my college is about to begin. I plan to do some light gaming, light video editing and will mostly need this machine for Software work.
I also plan on doing some deep learning work in the future and develop some small games(maybe?).
I have seen some models recently and realized I can get a discrete GPU like 3050ti in this range.
Please do suggest me some good laptops.

The most important requirement is it's battery should last about 9-10 hours when not using the GPU. My last laptop never lasted anything over 6 so I would definitely favor a longer lasting battery over a better build. 

Probably a last generation Asus G14 or G15 would be your best bet. For that battery life in a gaming laptop you’ll want an AMD CPU. 

1 hour ago, KhakiHat said:

Country?

Like for purchasing? Can't recommend a laptop if we don't know where you can buy from

India, and yes for purchasing.

37 minutes ago, CK723 said:

Thank you for the these two, but do MSI laptops have a good battery? my main concern is gaming laptops have a much worse battery life over a similar notebook.

1 hour ago, Sorenson said:

Probably a last generation Asus G14 or G15 would be your best bet. For that battery life in a gaming laptop you’ll want an AMD CPU. 

I was wondering about them too, but from what I have heard they don't have a great batter life. Most of them last for under 5 or 6 hours at even the lightest load.
My dad currently has a ASUS TUF F17 and it barely lasts over 5 hours and the moment the GPU (3050ti mobile) kicks in it becomes less than 2 hours. I don't wanna end up in a similar situation mostly because I plan to use it mostly away from a plug for all my light activities and only plug in when I am going to use the GPU.

1 hour ago, Aditya Banka said:

I was wondering about them too, but from what I have heard they don't have a great batter life. Most of them last for under 5 or 6 hours at even the lightest load.
My dad currently has a ASUS TUF F17 and it barely lasts over 5 hours and the moment the GPU (3050ti mobile) kicks in it becomes less than 2 hours. I don't wanna end up in a similar situation mostly because I plan to use it mostly away from a plug for all my light activities and only plug in when I am going to use the GPU.

He's recommending AMD powered machines. They've generally pulled much better numbers than recent Intel. The TUF F17 is using an Intel CPU and will have much worse battery life. There's no machine with a dGPU that'll last longer than an hour or two if that dedicated chip is turned on.

If you really want 10+ hour battery life, go for an M1 series macbook, because honestly no windows machines with a dGPU will do 9-10 hours actual battery life (text editing, general office use, at least). If you're looking for something that'll game, you're pretty much looking at the G14, G15, or other similar models with a Ryzen chip.

15 hours ago, Qyygle said:

He's recommending AMD powered machines. They've generally pulled much better numbers than recent Intel. The TUF F17 is using an Intel CPU and will have much worse battery life. There's no machine with a dGPU that'll last longer than an hour or two if that dedicated chip is turned on.

If you really want 10+ hour battery life, go for an M1 series macbook, because honestly no windows machines with a dGPU will do 9-10 hours actual battery life (text editing, general office use, at least). If you're looking for something that'll game, you're pretty much looking at the G14, G15, or other similar models with a Ryzen chip.

Thank you so much, I'll definitely look more into G14 now.

15 hours ago, Qyygle said:

I was looking at other laptops and found an ASUS one, Vivobook Pro 14x.
Between that and a G14 which would land a better value for money and better in battery? 

Asus Vivobook Pro 14X OLED review (M7400QE model, AMD Ryzen + 3050Ti) (ultrabookreview.com)

Looks like the vivobook is more traditional ultrabook but with some gaming ability, while the G14 is more gaming subnotebook with pretty good battery from the AMD implementation.

If you want battery life over all else, the Vivobook looks like it did better, however make sure you're ok with having an OLED screen and the possible burn-in issues that may come with that. Otherwise, they seem pretty similar. Note, the G14 does support usb-C charging, while the Vivobook as reviewed did not.

5 hours ago, Qyygle said:

Thank you soo much, was really confused between them, I might go for the G14 once I get a good price.